Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering. Personally, the ability to do a remote start via an app on my phone is even more appealing (works on the 2011 with OnStar only, or so it seems from other posts on this forum). I'm just curious how extended the range is for the dealer-installed remote start. Anyone know?

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
My factory installed remote start on my 2010 1LT works for a few hundred feet for sure. Another member posted a pic of himself in a parking lot, starting the Traverse in the distance. I think he said 3-400' if I remember correctly?

This lead onto a discussion about putting the remote to your chin and gaining extra distance, although I believe the member did not do that. This was strictly remote in hand at chest level.

A

·
0 Posts
Quantum said:
My factory installed remote start on my 2010 1LT works for a few hundred feet for sure. Another member posted a pic of himself in a parking lot, starting the Traverse in the distance. I think he said 3-400' if I remember correctly?

This lead onto a discussion about putting the remote to your chin and gaining extra distance, although I believe the member did not do that. This was strictly remote in hand at chest level.
That was rbarrios and IIRC he did have the remote at his chin :-\

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
I believe it was 300 ft normal level. and 400 ft with remote to chin..
heres the thread...

But--- clarification.
The manual says that the FOB- used with remote start- is an extended range remote...
But for the Original poster-- are you referring to the remote start fob-- the the fancier FOB that had the LCD screen on it (now apparently discontinued for 2011.)

http://www.traverseforum.com/index.php?topic=686.0

·
Registered
51 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts