Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 09 traverse with a overhead DVD player. I didn't get a remote or head phones with it. The picture comes on put no sound. How can I get sound out of my speakers for the kids to be able to hear it?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I had an RSE on my 2011, but never used it, so I can't help you with real-life experience.

BUT - Have you read up on it in the Owners Manual? Starts on pg 7-36 in the 2011 manual. If you don't have a manual, you can download a PDF from Chevy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This will sound weird but try pausing the DVD, closing the screen and then pulling it back open after a few seconds. Hit play on the DVD after that and see what happens.

Ours has a similar issue but plays sounds, no video. We figured this trick out after playing around with the screen.

One thing I can say, removing the screen (and the infotainment screen) is quick and easy. If my pause trick doesn't help, check out the harness plugs. Each screen only really requires one screwdriver type to slide out and inspect.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2009 traverse, and when I got it no sound would come out of the speakers, even if with the radio on, no turn signal sound no nothing. The dealership I got it from replaced the amplifier and now I have sound. I don't know if the dvd player has a separate amplifier, but it might be worth checking out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts