Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the sales of the Traverse continue to expand I am hoping Traverseforum.com becomes very active. I notice at Enclaveforum.net they have setup some Regional Boards. Any chance of this happening here?

·
Registered
185 Posts
While on topic, the Acadiaforum also has started breaking down general and technical issues into sub-topics... I suspect a lot of this has come from the years headstart these lambdas have had, the volume of concerns raised and the historical piggybacking of new comments on to existing topics... We are probably not yet that mature (technically not physically) to really need it but at some point it probably will make sense if enough folks buy these things and those folks buying find this forum....

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As I recall seeing the Traverse is (easily) out selling any of the other Lambdas since its inception. I think we are ready to expand this board...after all the Enclave forum has it!

·
Registered
426 Posts
We can definitely add those extra boards if and when the need arises. Keep in mind that this forum is averaging about 5-6 new posts/day. Enclaveforum.net averages about 60, acadiaforum.net averages 100/day. Those boards didn't get the expanded forum layout until well after 1000 members had joined and they were getting hundreds of daily posts.

I think the mistake we could fall into here is to move too quickly and dilute the forum so much that people have to click around all over the place to read one post in each topic. I'd say when we get to 500 members we should reevaluate our traffic and see if it makes sense to expand. Do you guys disagree? Is it simply too limiting to use the current format? I actually don't mind putting up the regional boards right now if you want, but they are practically empty even today with more than 10,000 acadia members!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I agree with admin on this one. Exactly what I meant by maturity. While the traverse sales are undeniable, it seems to me that the active forum posts are not yet at a level of involvement seen elsewhere (as documented by admin). Although, if we had a regional board for just Southern Ontario, they could whine to each other about the Maple Leafs dropping out of the NHL Playoffs and the play of T.O. with the Buffalo Bills in their one game in Toronto. Go Argos! ;D

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
t4me said:
Although, if we had a regional board for just Southern Ontario, they could whine to each other about the Maple Leafs dropping out of the NHL Playoffs and the play of T.O. with the Buffalo Bills in their one game in Toronto. Go Argos! ;D
Oh those were low blows t4me :eek:hno: ;)

I understand about too many regional boards at this time but maybe CANADA or better still ONTARIO:D could get one to start....as an experiment?
There are things Traverse which are unique to Canada i.e. part #s, CDN pricing, dealerships, afterrmarket,...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts