Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Pretty cool...

The Nox- has a bigger chevy badge than the Trav... interesting.

·
Registered
139 Posts
They do say "the longer you are married the more you look the same" ;D Nice looking vehicles :thumb:.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Nice pics. I really like the equinox, but the wife thought it was too small. WAY better looking then the Terrain in my opinion.

No shots of the rear!?

·
Registered
248 Posts
:thumb: Nice they look good together.

8) Steve

·
Registered
407 Posts
Cool! Both the same color, it's amazing how much they DO look a lot alike. Couple questions: What type of windshield washers does the Equinox have? I notice it doesn't have the little black washers on the hood. Also, do all Equinoxs have projector beam headlights? Seems odd if they all do, the Traverse doesn't have them unless you get the LTZ, right? Or did they get rid of that option?

·
Registered
312 Posts
2009 LTZ comes with projector beam headlamps. The 2010 models all have regular headlamps.

There are things I like about the 2010 (mostly the USB port), but I wouldn't give up the projector beams to get them.

·
Registered
248 Posts
They did away with the projector beams on the 2010 traverse all together. I wish they would have offered HID headlights I would have went for that.

8) Steve

·
Registered
67 Posts
I wish the Traverse had the Equinox rear end. I think it looks way better. Better get one this year because next year Chevy will start stripping it. Seems like every model year the Traverse looses a couple things. It always amazes me that in a $40,000.00 vehicle you don't even get a light in the glove box.

·
Registered
248 Posts
:) I don’t know a bought that I looked at the 2009 and they only did away with the projection light they added Bluetooth, USB, heated & cooled seats just for a couple items that I couldn’t get on the 2009. I found a chrome cover for the tailgate handle that I added to the back to give it a little more pop, that is one thing the equinox has is a little more chrome in the back that I like.

8) Steve

·
Registered
551 Posts
VB - LTZ said:
:) I don’t know a bought that I looked at the 2009 and they only did away with the projection light they added Bluetooth, USB, heated & cooled seats just for a couple items that I couldn’t get on the 2009.
my 2009 has in addition to the projection lights, bluetooth, and heated and cooled seats so I am not sure what you are talking about. They did add a USB which is nice, but it wont charge my iphone anyway. I believe the USB is the only + they added.

They also did away with the power shade for the rear sunroof. Also nav is not standard on LTZ, it is now an option.

I dont want to get into a you know what match about what year is better, however I do agree that they deleted more then they added for the 2010 model to cut down on costs.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tiestosteele said:
Nice pics. I really like the equinox, but the wife thought it was too small. WAY better looking then the Terrain in my opinion.

No shots of the rear!?
Here ya' go! :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
andylibby said:
2009 LTZ comes with projector beam headlamps. The 2010 models all have regular headlamps.

There are things I like about the 2010 (mostly the USB port), but I wouldn't give up the projector beams to get them.
My wife and I agree, we like the results of the regular Traverse head lights more over the Equinox projectors. Not a big difference, but seems better to us. There are kits to make the Equinox HID, so we're looking into that...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
09Enclave said:
Cool! Both the same color, it's amazing how much they DO look a lot alike. Couple questions: What type of windshield washers does the Equinox have? I notice it doesn't have the little black washers on the hood.
Since the 'Nox is my wife's daily driver, i'm not sure I recall. I think they went back to the Chevy Truck method of having the wash fluid come out on the wiper arms. I kind of prefer that way. This winter has been very icy for us in our location. It's hard enough clearing the wipers of ice, now I have to clear the hood too if I want washers. :( Originally the 2009 specs had heated washer fluid, but the company that did that for GM went bankrupt from problems they were having with the units. So, I didn't get that option either.

Overall, we agree the 'Nox looks better. But the size and power on the Traverse fits me very nicely so I love my Traverse!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Narg said:
Since the 'Nox is my wife's daily driver, i'm not sure I recall. I think they went back to the Chevy Truck method of having the wash fluid come out on the wiper arms. I kind of prefer that way. This winter has been very icy for us in our location. It's hard enough clearing the wipers of ice, now I have to clear the hood too if I want washers. :( Originally the 2009 specs had heated washer fluid, but the company that did that for GM went bankrupt from problems they were having with the units. So, I didn't get that option either.

Overall, we agree the 'Nox looks better. But the size and power on the Traverse fits me very nicely so I love my Traverse!
Yeah, I don't like the washers on the hood, that my Enclave and other Lambdas have, they work OK when the vehicle is stopped, or going slow, but on the freeway, forget it....they just spray at the bottom of the windshield. The "wet arm" washers are much better. But, you have a point...the heated washers might be the reason for the hood washer location. We have the heated washer fluid on our Enclave, but rarely use it. I would still prefer the "wet arms"......had them on previous 4 GM's we've had and they work great.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My father drives a 2008 3/4 ton Duramax. It has the heated washer fluid, and it's through the "Wet arms" method. Yeah, I'm jealous. Aftermarket heaters haven't looked very good for the one's I've seen yet or I'd taken that route.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, I needed to follow up on the windshield washers on the 'Nox. It's not the "wet arm" style, but something in between the Traverse setup and that. The sprayers are located just behind the hood and very close to the windshield. Since I don't recall having any issues with them in icy/snowy weather yet this year I guess they work rather well. But not quite as good as the wet arm style.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
We tend to have problems in our GM fleet at work (Savana vans) with the wet arms. In the winter the washer fluid tends to freeze in those tiny rubber hoses going from under the hood to the arm. Even with the expensive washer fluid, it stll freezes at highway speeds. At least the hood mounted sprayers don't freeze!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quantum said:
We tend to have problems in our GM fleet at work (Savana vans) with the wet arms. In the winter the washer fluid tends to freeze in those tiny rubber hoses going from under the hood to the arm. Even with the expensive washer fluid, it stll freezes at highway speeds. At least the hood mounted sprayers don't freeze!
I remember this happening on my dad's car years ago, I think it was a Corsica. The "wet arms" are useless in canadian winters....

·
Registered
407 Posts
Keops said:
I remember this happening on my dad's car years ago, I think it was a Corsica. The "wet arms" are useless in canadian winters....
YES, my dad had a Corsica too....great car. ::) But anyway, I think they have improved the "wet arms", my Sunfire and Grand Am would occasionally not work in real cold weather, but our Bonneville has never had a problem, and that car currently sits out with snow on it, and everything.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts