Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am not sure if anyone notices this. We just have our 09 Traverse 1LZ about three days ago.

I have noticed that there is a high frequency sound when I turn the key to "accessory mode". It is easier to hear if I put my head by the front tire of driver's seat. I think this high frequency sound is always there as long as Traverse is on. I can't really hear it when engine is running as engine is more louder than this high frequency sound.

I went to the dealer today and the Chevy mechanic has no idea where it is coming from. We did check another Traverse in the lot. Indeed, it has the same high frequency sound likes ours when the key turns.

Does anyone know what device is making that sound? Really appropriate!

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
you may be like me... we hear high frequency sounds.
I dont have a Traverse yet...

But like I said- you may be hearing high frequency sounds generated by one of the many electrical modules under the hood.

On my 03 Trailblazer---
with the hood up- engine off-- if Put the key in and turn it to the start position- I can look at the engine bay and point to at least 1 module that is creating a high frequency sound. remove key and it dissapears.
On the theater lighting--- when it begins to dim--- I can hear a high frequency buss as the lights dim. no one else can hear it...

have you tried to listen with the hood open?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not that good hearing like you. :D

Yes, I did open the hood and tried to track where it is coming from, so did the Chevy mechanic at the dealer. We can only certain the sound is from driver's side of engine area. We can't really pin point the exact device as the sound seems coming from lower part of the area where it is hard to reach.

I don't mind Traverse makes that sound since I can't hear it while driving. I just like to know what device is making it. It may be a good indicator when, one day, the car suddenly stops making the sound. :happy:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I may know what you're talking about. When I get home after work, when I get out of the car, I walk up past the front of it into the garage. I have noticed when I'm paying attention that there is a wierd somewhat high pitched sound coming from the engine...and this is even after it's turned off. It goes away about 20 seconds after the car is turned off.

No idea what it is.

Joe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Joe,

I believe we are talking about two different things.

I know what you are talking about. I also heard the clicking sound after I turns off the engine. It stops about 15~20 seconds later.

What I mean is completely different. As soon as I turns the key to "accessory mode", this high frequency sound starts and never goes away.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts