Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed HID low beam on my Traverse. What a difference! Night driving became much more easier.

The only problem I have are the wiring harness. I couldn't close the headlight assembly back cover. I need help!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
if its open-- you concerned about moisture getting in?

How did you remove the headlights?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I opened the plastic fender under cover above the font wheels. The back of the headlight assembly can easily be accessed thru there.
The installation was easy. It took me about 30 mins. from start to finish.

Moisture and dirt may get into the assembly. I wanted to know if there are any other ways of running the wiring harness allowing me to replace the cover.

Where I am, winter is just around the corner. Moisture is inevitable.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
as I had mentioned above- I tried from above.... and couldnt figure it out how to remove the assembly...
Since it was getting dark I put it back toghether....
I think I would have eventually tried looking from underneath/wheel wells.... but youve saved me time....
If it is this easy- I will upgrade to silverstars tommorrow.... theyre on sale- and have a mail in rebate.

Ive skipped aftermarket HID's for now- they are bright--- BUT- they arent designed for the reflector.... in that the HID bulb really isnt at the focal point....
Meaning that they scatter the light all over the place.... and into oncoming traffic.... I know Ive been blinded by little imports with aftermarke HID's...
Let us know the light pattern you get...

Last year- I installed Silverstars in my sisters Buick Lucerne... I did have to loosen some push clips on the wheel well and a plastic cover in the bottom.... I was then able to contort my arm up from underneath...

But thanks again for that valuable time saving tip....

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
dont most people who install HID's--- drill trough the cover and run the bulb and wire that way?

If yourve able to do that--- then you may want to drill thru that back cover (if its hard) and if its soft- slice an X into it...
THen you may want to you SILICONE to seal off the opening.... just an idea.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
installed the new bulbs today.
I see what you mean about the cover.
It appears youll have to drill thru the cover.... to run the wires....
you have pics of the wires?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have pics yet. I will post as soon as I get them.

I am thinking of drilling through the covers. The HID kit that I got have a rubber bushing that could work as a stopper for the hole.

·
Registered
46 Posts
kittarg said:
I am thinking of drilling through the covers. The HID kit that I got have a rubber bushing that could work as a stopper for the hole.
Yes, you must drill a hole slightly smaller than the rubber grommet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts