Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if HID headlights are available for the Traverse? I hope I am calling them the right thing. I am looking for what is like on the Acadia and the Enclave.

·
Registered
860 Posts
These were original equipment on the 2009 LTZ and have not been offered since. I know there are some here that have gotten the 2009 parts to do a conversion. I suppose someone out there makes a conversion kit to use your existing headlamp enclosures and make the swap less expensive.

A

·
0 Posts
Toddzilla67 said:
These were original equipment on the 2009 LTZ and have not been offered since. I know there are some here that have gotten the 2009 parts to do a conversion. I suppose someone out there makes a conversion kit to use your existing headlamp enclosures and make the swap less expensive.
XenonDepot is a forum sponsor here; check them out for your aftermarket HID needs

·
Registered
551 Posts
HID lights were not available in the 2009 LTZ! Projector lights were offered on the 2009 LTZ but not HID, different things. I installed HID lights on my 09 LTZ because I had the projector lights which have a cutoff for the HID bulbs.

Hope that made sense

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2011 LTZ. Does anyone know why they stopped putting the reflector lamps on the 09? I have a Denali that has the reflector lamps and love them. Would settle to have them on my Traverse.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Tiestosteele said:
HID lights were not available in the 2009 LTZ!
My mistake...humblest apologies.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
Projector Lamps WERE available for 2010.
They only came on 1LT and 2LT's- equipped with the "LT Special Edition Package"
This package was only on 1LT and 2LT's and included dual exhaust, 20's, and the low beam projectors.
Also this package- only came in the following colors----black granite metallic, red jewel tintcoat and Steel Green metallic.

As of today Jan 9 2011... there is no mention of Projectors on the Traverse.

If you really want 2011 Projector lamps.... the Mexican Versions of the Traverse come with Projector Lamps.
They only sell 2 versions out there- and they arent LS or 1LT. these are upper level- the more expensive unit- MSRP $515,100- and its cash price is $495,100 pesos.. About 41,000 USD if you pay cash.

·
Registered
551 Posts
ryansandrapowell said:
I have a 2011 LTZ. Does anyone know why they stopped putting the reflector lamps on the 09?
Cheap SOB'S! They have been slowing taking options away... I also have a powered second row sun shade, and power folding mirrors, two options we use almost everyday that are no longer available.

This is a pic of my headlight.

A

·
0 Posts
First MY of a vehicle seems to get all the goody's and then eventually the small details get left off the drawing board for the proceeding MY's :sosad:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I just picked up a 2011 LTZ and it does not have a power shade and no projector beams. What else did I get jipped on?

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
check to see if you have a cabin filter.
early Acadias/enclaves had foot lights and glove box lamps.
and a power accesory jack in the center console.

·
Registered
186 Posts
lack of a glove box light in a +/- 40k vehicle really , um, underwhelms me :angryfire:

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
the good thing is-- that if you turn on your passengers side map light- it actually lights up most of the glove box except the deepest part.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The reason I asked the question was I seen a Traverse LTZ with the same lights as the picture below. I wonder if it wold be possible to order them from somewhere?

·
Registered
860 Posts
staciesbaby said:
lack of a glove box light in a +/- 40k vehicle really , um, underwhelms me :angryfire:
I would rather have a light under the hood than a glove box light...try re-installing the dipstick while it's dark under the hood...

"Yes officer, you can see my registration and insurance. Can I first borrow your flashlight to see inside this black-hole of a glove box?"

·
Registered
465 Posts
Just came back from a New Years day road trip and traveled back home in the evening , I have a LT2 with no HID headlights from the factory.
The divided hwy down near Lethbridge has a least one hundred feet between seperation between on coming lanes when going West.
I found the factory headlights provided excellent illumination of all the highway and signs and offended a few on coming vehicles from a great distance
on how bright the headlights really are.

Even an on coming train thought the Traverse headlights were too bright so he turned up the locomotives light two settings to full bright ,the train track was 100 feet to
the passengers right and was about half to 3/4 of a kilometre away when he adjusted the brightness of the train light.

For now ,the illumination of my headlights isn't an issue , why would you need more powerful lights , it will just provokes other motorist and locomotive engineers.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
were you loaded that the headlights may have been pointing up a bit?

·
Registered
465 Posts
No just three adults two young boys and no cargo.
You have to know that is was out in the country with no city or town lights around just a starry Alberta night .

·
Registered
551 Posts
2LT AWD said:
why would you need more powerful lights , it will just provokes other motorist and locomotive engineers.
So not true. HID are not just "more powerful". I agree, the morons that put in bright blue or bright white (not silverstars, those ones from China), all they do is scatter light and annoy on coming traffic.

HID lights have a CUT OFF line so NO light goes about a certain point, thus it does not provoke other motorists. It also illuminates more light sideways, as well as makes street signs basically glow in the dark.

I am sure that your stock lights are perfectly fine, obviously GM tests this kind of stuff and they work great. But untill you drive in a car with HID lights you can not say they provoke others or that they do not light up the road better then stock lights.

·
Registered
860 Posts
rbarrios said:
were you loaded that the headlights may have been pointing up a bit?
Doesn't the Traverse have a load-leveling rear suspension?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts