Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 2011 Traverse LS, which came without a backup camera. I bought an aftermarket camera and am ready to install. I need to find the wire that goes to the backup (reverse) lights mounted in the rear door. This should be a 12V power source that will activate the camera when the vehicle is put in Reverse. There are about 20 wires going in the direction of the rear door that I can see in the rear access panel. Does anyone know which color wire goes to the backup lights?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
im pretty sure theres a thread on one of the lambda forums on adding the camera.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rbarrios and Big Blue - thanks for the help. Both posts look like they will help. I will work on it this weekend, hoping for the best.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yes I have to look at adding a backup system soon too. It is so funny I can still parallel park a large van, pickups, tractor with two sets of wagons on, steak truck and the big cube trucks from work.

Yet I still have issues with the Traverse. Even with the mirrors I still just can't figure out where the front end of the car behind me is.

Uggg the Traverse is my parallel parking "cryptonite"

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The best way to find out where the ends of the car are, to me, is to park it in the garage, very closely to the front wall or door. Get out, look if that is about how close you would feel comfortable to coming to another car to manuver for parking, and mentally note it in your head. This is what I've done with all of my cars. I have a mental picture of my garage wall, when parking, and how close it can be. Haven't hit another car yet.

This is relatively easy for me though, as our garage is old, and from an older house, and the Traverse only fits in it by about 6" total. Front is about 3" from the front wall, and the back bumper about 3" from the garage door. Too close to walk around when the garage door is shut, but it serves it's purpose. :-\

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The big problem is small cars they simply disappear behind the Traverse.

So the best way becomes to stop backing up when I hit them ha ha..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts