Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all -

I just purchased a 2009 traverse LTZ and the only option it does not have is the nav. So I have been looking around and I am finding a ton of model numbers for what looks like the same exact nav unit. I do not have the rear dvd I have the dual dvd in the head rests. According to gmpartsdirect I need part number 19211141.

My question is does anyone know if the same nav from a tahoe, or other similar gm truck will work? Part number 20792739 and 15940102 both look exactly the same. Also, where can I get the nav other then the dealer? I found both nav's on ebay for like 800-900 but the nav GMParts tells me I need I can not find.

Anyone done this? Thanks guys! Looking forward to hopefully an awesome experience with my new traverse.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's really strange - the navigation radio was standard on the '09 LTZ It is optional on the '10 though.
Have you considered an 'aftermarket' unit instead? I'm looking at the Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT as a possible for my Impala SS. From what I've seen, this is far superior to the standard GM unit. Check it out at Crutchfield.com

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really.. Can you confirm or where do I look to confirm that the 09 ltz has standard nav? The traverse we are getting is out of state so I have not actually seen the car yet but the dealer is telling me that it does not have nav. If it is indeed standard it would have to have it and the dealer is just a moron.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know what you are right! It does have nav, thanks for the heads up. Glad to see the dealer has no idea of what they are talking about, told us no nav :angryfire:

·
Registered
201 Posts
I agree that is poor product knowledge. I can understand if it was a new model but come on.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
are you saying that you confirned that LTZ's are supposed to have nav for 09---- or are you saying that you have confirmed that the 09 you got does indeed have nav in it...

·
Registered
201 Posts
All LTZ have standard NAV aleast all US LTZ, was not even an option to order without in 09.

·
Registered
11,421 Posts
I was thinking that the unit he was getting out of state... the dealer may have swapped a NAV unit out of his- to make a sale on another Trav...
and thats why they said it didnt come with NAV...

but seems the dealer just didnt know what he was talking about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts