15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

· Registered
97 Posts
That looks easy to do.
When my 2023 arrives, ill see if theyve implemented this.
If not, ill do it myself.
Looks like foamy heat resistant rubber.
Based on the tsb, its placed at 2 spots. Those are probably the natural frequency points that help the tick be louder.
I wonder if simply wrapping electrical tape at those positions would change the natural frequency enough to quiet it.

Hmmmm.
I am thinking exactly that. I expect shipment in about 40 days - Well, MOST of the vehicle, anyway.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Here is a pic of the factory repair. My source for the TSB's is the NHTSA site in the below link. Plug in your make ,model , and year of vehicle and click on the manufactures communication tab

View attachment 11871
@xltbest is it possible that the dampener don't seal the entire pipe all around? I just got mine in the mail put it on and there's a gap between one side and the other. Hope I'm clear enough and it would be a huge help if you can clarify this.

· Registered
97 Posts
The dampener is not intended to seal. The PCV tube is left intact (not cut) and the dampener merely surrounds it. The added mass and soft material is presumed to alter the harmonics of the length of tube and dampen anything that remains.

· Registered
12,350 Posts
Picked up my 23.
I heard the noise at times, but i was listening for it. Much quieter than my 2013 equinox with the 3.6.

Ill order the parts and install them.
Though i was pleased that the hood did come with the heat shield.

· Registered
7 Posts
Based on the pic online doing a search on the sleeve part #...
It is just a foam sleeve.
Im thinking buy foam sleeve yourself and zip tie it in place.

Xltbest, can you post pic of the finished work?

You know, sometimes you as the owner can be gentle and kind to your vehicle vs the lowest guy on the totem pole doing this install.

Like when they did the wiper recall on my equinox. Wipers were way off... actually wiped off the glass on the drivers side.
I had to pull and reseat the arms in the proper location.... vs taking it back and waiting.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

21 - 40 of 51 Posts