Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 2010 traverse and absolutely love it. i almost ran out of gas one day because i spaced stoppinh to get some. the next day when i was driving the check engie light came on and when i read the code it was p0496. then tge day after that i took it to walmart to have my oil changed. less the 24 hours after having the oil changed i drove my son to school and everything was fine. i went to the bank and turned the car off for about 20minutes and then it wouldnt start at all. i got a jump and it started and i got on the interstate to go home and got about 25 miles down the road and all of a sudden it shut off while i was driving. now it is throwing codes p0496, p0333, p0024, p0328 all and it wont even try to start even while being jumped. battery is good so i reset the codes and it tries to start but has not started yet. any advice?

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
get on your knees, and look for this connector under the car, its on the drivers side, in the area that would be under the drivers seat.

before you work on the rear fuel pump... check this connector.. it is located practically under the drivers seat----

Inoperative Fuel Gauge and Hard Start/No Start Condition

Some 2008-2012 Enclave, 2009-2012 Traverse, 2007-2012 Acadia and 2007-2010 Outlook models may exhibit one or more of the following conditions:

• Engine is hard to start
• Engine will not start
• Engine starts, then stalls
• Fuel gauge is inoperative or fluctuates
• Service Engine Soon/Check Engine light is illuminated

These conditions, which may be intermittent and have various DTCs set, may be due to the fuel tank harness to body harness retainer slipping on the tubing, putting pressure on the harness and causing connector X305 to become partially separated or not fully seated. (Fig. 13)

Fig 13

Inspect connector X305 to make sure that it is fully seated. If the connector is not fully seated, inspect the terminals at connector X305 for corrosion. If the terminals show signs of corrosion, replace the corroded terminals.

Remove the wire harness retaining clip from the steel lines (Fig. 14, Position 1) and reposition it in front of the steel line support to prevent it from sliding. (Fig. 14. Position 2)

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok i have a 2010 traverse and absolutely love it. i almost ran out of gas one day because i spaced stoppinh to get some. the next day when i was driving the check engie light came on and when i read the code it was p0496. then tge day after that i took it to walmart to have my oil changed. less the 24 hours after having the oil changed i drove my son to school and everything was fine. i went to the bank and turned the car off for about 20minutes and then it wouldnt start at all. i got a jump and it started and i got on the interstate to go home and got about 25 miles down the road and all of a sudden it shut off while i was driving. now it is throwing codes p0496, p0333, p0024, p0328 all and it wont even try to start even while being jumped. battery is good so i reset the codes and it tries to start but has not started yet. any advice?

·
Registered
2020 High Country
174 Posts
Engine-Codes.com is a good resource. Those are knock sensor codes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts