·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!? anybody here? CT checking in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Went down to CT today to see my White LT in Torrington CT. will be delivered tommorow to Colonie NY.

·
Registered
1 Posts
N00b here. 2010 AWD Black Granite 1LT in central NJ. Purchased the car from Oasis Chevrolet in Old Bridge.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Suburb of Fort Worth, Texas reporting in. I sure see a lot of Traverses on the roads of North Texas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good Morning,

I think it's about time to start looking for a new car/SUV. I have a 2003 Dodge Caravan with 104,000 miles on it, and things are starting to break. (i.e. back window wiper, CD player, now the Driver's side window doesn't go down.) I have decided on a Traverse, and did a lot of research thus far. I have tried to deal with certain dealerships, and they don't want to. I looked at used certified with, but they don't want to go down. They really think they have gold there, oh well, now it's just an expensive paperweight.

I would like a LT2 Black with moonroof and remote start. Leather can come with it, that would be a plus, but it's not crucial.

I am from upstate central NY, and with all the Chevrolet dealerships (10 or so) located here you would think competition would be high, but nope they are sticking to their guns....as am I. I know what I want to pay monthly, and I won't change my mind on that.

I will continue to shop around. Does anybody have any ideas to persuade the dealerships to dealing?

Also, what's coming out in regards to rebates/incentatives? Should I wait until the weather starts to change here? Knowing the NE, it could within days LOL.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
Welcome!

I believe there are a couple members here from upstate NY. I'm just north of the board, in Niagara Falls, Ontario, so we are practically neighbours, but at any rate, I can't really help you with your dealership hunt.

You are going to really enjoy the Traverse. If you are looking for used, just keep an eye open for any 2009 models that were manufactured in 2008. There have been a rash of timing chain issues, that plague the early build 2009's.

Not saying they aren't any good, but you may buy one, and then POSSIBLY get a major repair done (Under warranty). Or, you may find one that has already got a new timing chain. I personally would rather not buy a used vehcile that has had the engine removed for repair.

There is tons of good info on here. Another feature to look for, is the tow package. Without the tow package you can only tow 2000lbs, and no matter what modifications you make to it, it will never be covered under GM"s warranty to tow more than 2000lbs. So even if you don't see yourself towing, I would highly recommend finding a unit with the factory tow package. This will also give you the HD transmission cooler....which in my opinion can never be a bad thing.

All the best!
Mark

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
slugrad00 said:
Good Morning,

I think it's about time to start looking for a new car/SUV. I have a 2003 Dodge Caravan with 104,000 miles on it, and things are starting to break. (i.e. back window wiper, CD player, now the Driver's side window doesn't go down.) I have decided on a Traverse, and did a lot of research thus far. I have tried to deal with certain dealerships, and they don't want to. I looked at used certified with, but they don't want to go down. They really think they have gold there, oh well, now it's just an expensive paperweight.

I would like a LT2 Black with moonroof and remote start. Leather can come with it, that would be a plus, but it's not crucial.

I am from upstate central NY, and with all the Chevrolet dealerships (10 or so) located here you would think competition would be high, but nope they are sticking to their guns....as am I. I know what I want to pay monthly, and I won't change my mind on that.

I will continue to shop around. Does anybody have any ideas to persuade the dealerships to dealing?

Also, what's coming out in regards to rebates/incentatives? Should I wait until the weather starts to change here? Knowing the NE, it could within days LOL.

Thanks in advance.
well the Lambda vehicles are holding their value- VERY WELL.
Some members sought to buy used-- and found that for a little more--- they could get NEW.. so they did.

Have you considered maybe ORDERING one- your way- so you can pick and choose the options-
And yes- get one with the tow package.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I too would currently recommend new over used. There's just not enough difference in price to make it worth it.

As far as dealing, stand your ground and be persistent. Go in and be certain you want to buy and buy soon. But, if they don't move, walk. Go in the next day and keep the want to buy now attitude. I've done that before and it took 4 visits to get the deal I wanted once. Call me strange, but I found it kind of fun.

·
Registered
186 Posts
welcome.....i would definitely buy new first of all, and second, if you're looking for some price leverage, ask around for demos....they should cut quite a bit off the price for a demo, and they're usually pretty loaded up with options, as well as subject to all current incentives, etc.

·
Registered
312 Posts
slugrad00 - If you can stick it out for two or three months, wait and find a dealer sitting on a bunch of 2010s with new 2011s coming in every day. You may have less choice, but I'm betting they'll deal more fairly on a year-end closeout. I bought my 2009 in October of last year and got a whale of a deal. Plus, given that you're the kind who keeps a car for a good while, it really won't affect you if you buy the new model or the year-end model. Just my $.02.

By the way, this is Texas checking in. Anybody got any spare ice cubes? :help:

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Trying to clarify your post, is it the fact that the dealers won't deal in your area or are you saying they can't get to the monthly payment you want/ need?

reading previous posts, it seemed folks were getting good prices on their Traverses ...... maybe dealers are now wanting to hold for more profit, but, to me, at model end of year, you would think they would want to move out all 10's on the lot.

Like others have said .... new will be a better buy, in the long run.

Bob

·
Registered
105 Posts
About 10 dealerships in your area?... get a quote from one, then go to the next one, let them beat the price, then go to the next one,.. and so on.... I've done this way back with my Trailblazer, and with my Traverse as well. Good luck getting a deal. You will enjoy the car no matter what price you end up getting it for.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks all for your insight, it was much appreciated.

I have learned to include the tow package, even though as of right now I don't have anything to tow, but may in the future. I also learned to look at new first due to price gap it's not really worth looking into a "used" 2010.

I am definitely going to stick to my guns with my price. Although this is a car a want, it's just that a car. With the economy still trying to rebound, you would think dealerships still would be more willing to talk. So far I haven't seen that here.

Hey Texans, stay cool and have one for me. :beer:

·
Registered
312 Posts
slugrad00 - Here's looking at you from DFW :cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts