Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just purchased a 2016 1LT AWD this Memorial Day weekend. Wasn't quite ready to buy, but my 04' trailblazer blew up and I didn't want to put any more money into a 15 year old truck with almost 200k miles. She was a good one.

So far, I am liking the Traverse, taking a little getting used to, but it is nice. Hopefully get another good 15 years out of this one. God I hate a car payment. Hope to run into some of y'all out there at some point.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also replaced my '02 TB with my '12 Traverse 1LT. Just like you, I'm not loving having a car payment but hope to have as many years of service out of the Traverse as I did out of my beloved TB.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also replaced my '02 TB with my '12 Traverse 1LT. Just like you, I'm not loving having a car payment but hope to have as many years of service out of the Traverse as I did out of my beloved TB.
I feel ya on that one David. Man, I have to admit, they made those trailblazers pretty **** well. that by far has been my least troublesome car I have ever owned. Great space, beyond reliable.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
My '06 Trailblazer was a native RWD truck with frame, real transfer case and selectable 4WD. Both gen Traverses are nothing more than native FWD unit body station wagons and the gen1s are only non selectable full time FWD or AWD.

Trailblazer was a solid vehicle with traditional longitudinal drivetrain with potential to qualify for historical plates, unlike their ancestor Traverses with tricked out V6s to meet emissions, cheap parts and lightweight crackerbox construction. Unlikely they will ever survive to wear a historical plate.

BUT, All Traverses are perfect vehicles while youngsters, won't survive 'til their teen years unless the owner is willing to shell out more than it is worth in inconvenience and repairs. I prefer both my gen1 and gen2s to my old Trailblazer...........more room, more power, better handling, smoother riding, sleeker look AND most importantly when running teacup hills, no more cleaning backseat passenger barf off the Trailblazer's rug and rear quarter panels.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
My '06 Trailblazer was a native RWD truck with frame, real transfer case and selectable 4WD. Both gen Traverses are nothing more than native FWD unit body station wagons and the gen1s are only non selectable full time FWD or AWD.
Yeah. I always laugh when someone here refers to their Traverse as a "truck."

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
That is right. A truck for me is a pick up truck, a Peterbuilt, a Freightliner. These are trucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts