Traverse Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like because of Chevy's recall of 857,735 vehicles due to a faulty circuit board used in the washer fluid heater system, they are going to get rid of it all together. Here's a link to the other Traverse forum posted by nosrettap58 explaining the affected vehicles. http://chevytraverseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=97 :cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
admin said:
Wow, that's fairly drastic.
ADMIN, this should probably be investigated and either confirmed or denied by people that you know have valid GM credentials, either in manufacturing or dealership avenues. This same guy posted this claim in the Enclave forum and yet I have seen NO OTHER confirmation of his claim by ANYONE else on any other forum.....and we have alot of GM officials from LDT as well as confirmed GM dealer service personnel in our lambda forums. Just my $0.02

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hmmm cadillacforums.com is reporting the exact same internal bulletin. Dealerworld still has it listed, but no telling how long it would take to update that. I'll see if I can get positive confirmation from a GM insider...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I finally saw a copy of the memo on the Enclave forum. I guess it is valid, but still VERY weird that GM didn't recall hardly any of the '08s (mainly '07 lambdas , tahoes, yukons, caddys, etc and early '08 Enclaves built during the '07 model year) giving the impression that most '08s have a system with no safety risk. And now they pull the plug entirely on new production with no [email protected]# Makes me seriously question if they shouldn't be recalling ALL vehicles built with HWF option up to this point!

·
Registered
426 Posts
I've gotten (off-the-record) confirmation from GM that this is legitimate. I could not get anyone to provide more details than has already been released, but it's not a hoax.

·
Registered
426 Posts
My guess is they tried desperately to fix it and couldn't come up with a solution that a) worked, b) was safe and c) was cost effective.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It appears the real reason this was discontinued is the company which makes the heated washer fluid system in Mexico has filed for bankruptcy as GM has put them on the warranty hook for the massive recall and they are no longer making the product. Appears there is no fall back company right now to provide the feature so they are forced to cancel it. I wouldn't be surprised if it is back in a future year with a new company making it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Are you saying my '09 does NOT have heated windshield fluid?

·
Registered
201 Posts
It depends on when the vehicle was manufactured. You can no longer order with heated washer fuild, but there may be Traverses with heated washer fuild still available, like the LTZ we have on our lot at the dealership. From my understanding if you have probelms with there will not be replacement parts for it as the company is bankrupt.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That does not make me happy!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
How many people really will miss this? If it gets rid of a warranty issue and it was outside their control (company going bankrupt) then it is best to let it go. GM has other things to worry about right now!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree with GM having other things to worry about but if I paid for something I would like for it to work and if it does not work I would like to have it repaired or some kind of refund.

·
Registered
426 Posts
For those that did get their Traverse with this option, it will be interesting to see how they do handle warranty repairs in the future, considering the supplier is gone. Has this ever happened in a previous model vehicle? Maybe there's already some precedent for this situation...

·
Registered
63 Posts
My worring is over because I do not have this option. I finally looked late lastnight. I just assumed it came with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Spade said:
I agree with GM having other things to worry about but if I paid for something I would like for it to work and if it does not work I would like to have it repaired or some kind of refund.
Agreed but only 1500 Traverse have been sold and how many with this feature? Very few I expect (<100). They could give a refund but remember it was not their fault the supplier went bankrupt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts