Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are 2 features that I never thought I would ever need or use. Now that our 2011 has them, we've been using them quite a bit. The weather here in MN lately must have something to do with it ;D

A

·
0 Posts
Educate me on your 11; do you need to have the HVAC in AUTO for the heated seats to come on with remote start

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: Re: Heated seats and remote start

With my 2010, it does it automatically no matter what the hvac settings are on....

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

A

·
0 Posts
My 07 Acadia operates in the same manner; heated seats turn on regardless of HVAC settings..............just looking to see if there have been any changes to the system

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We don't have the auto HVAC and the heated seats still go on. Heater just goes on to whatever setting it was left on when the vehicle was shut off. I wish the seats stayed on once the key is inserted, but it's not a big deal to hit the switch I guess.

A

·
0 Posts
jwhjr said:
I wish the seats stayed on once the key is inserted, but it's not a big deal to hit the switch I guess.
Yeah; I wish they stayed on as well

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm glad they don't stay on. It's a nice feature that they work with remote start to get the cabin habitable until I (or we) enter, but I'm glad it's programmed to surrender choice and control to the driver/passenger once the car is started.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My wife reported to me that in our cloth-interior, manual-knobs-dual-zone-hvac, remote-start-enabled 2011 truck, that the hvac blows cold until the key in event. I know there's those who will chime in and say "in these colder temps, the truck isn't fully warmed up yet" but even with the knobs full heat and blower full on, the truck is ice-cold until the key-on event, then the heat comes right out of the vents (proving that the truck has started to warm up) at full blast due to the climate control settings.

Since we have the cloth interior, I know we don't have the heated seats... but I ask others with the manual-dual-zone-hvac and remote start, does your heat come on before key-in?

In my g8, it strives to bring the interior to 72 degrees (full on heat in the winter, full on A/C in the summer) when remote start is activated, prior to key-in event. I do have the auto-dual-zone-"temperature" style stuff on my g8 so I'm sure this is apples to oranges.

But I thought I'd ask...

--zepcom

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I really haven't noticed if the heat is "hot" when we've used the remote start. FYI on the cloth heated seats, it is available in the 2011's, ours are cloth and heated.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Interesting; thanks for sharing! Never knew there was such an option. Cloth heated seats. What will they come up with next?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts