Traverse Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading the manual I understand that the heated mirrors are activated via the defrost button. Although it isnt yet cold enough to need this feature I would like to check that it does work. I assume that the mirror will be warm to the touch when this is activated?

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's off of the rear defrost button not the front. If you look at the mirror you will see the rectangle defrost emblem, that matches the rear. They come on during auto start if the temp is cold enough. As to touch I dont know, never felt them.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
khansen30 said:
If you look at the mirror you will see the rectangle defrost emblem, that matches the rear.
You mean an emblem in the side view mirrors?

I dont see this in my mirrors. I have a 1LT and I am sure heated mirrors were part of the 1LT package

·
Registered
17 Posts
I understood my LT1 had heated mirrors also. but dont have that emblem on my mirrors.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gLuv said:
I understood my LT1 had heated mirrors also. but dont have that emblem on my mirrors.
So even though it appears 1LTs dont have the 'emblem' in the mirrors do they have heated mirrors feature??

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
I believe they do...
I sure am under the impression that my 1LT has the heated mirrors. Ill have to look at my window sticker.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have an LTZ, turned on all defrost and I had no emblem telling me they were on as someone else stated. I didnt keep them on long enough to tell if they were warm to the touch, but I would imagine they would have to be if they want to melt ice!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Must be something they didn't do on the Traverses mirrors. My 07 Outlook and 09 Acadia had/have them. May be another cost cutting measure by GM.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The LS is the only one without standard heated mirrors.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Gibby said:
The LS is the only one without standard heated mirrors.
The "emblem" on the mirrors were "icons" displayed on the glass of the mirrors, at least they were that way on my TrailBlazer.

·
Registered
272 Posts
On my 1LT I used the heated mirrors the other morning to remove dew and they don't have the icon on the mirror but the window sticker said it does have it and they worked.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine are also missing the emblem but they do work, tested in the Sunday morning frost.. The option code is DS3 for heated outside mirrors.....

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Zubius said:
Mine are also missing the emblem but they do work, tested in the Sunday morning frost.
Yup my 1LT mirrors were warm to the touch today (-1 C).

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
and here in Los Angeles the weather man said it was a chilly 59 degrees... :eek:hno:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rbarrios said:
and here in Los Angeles the weather man said it was a chilly 59 degrees... :eek:hno:
Well remember -1C is actually 30 F.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
rear defogger button will turn on the side mirrors defrost.

(also when you remote start)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Try spraying a mist on to the mirror and then hitting the button. You'll quickly see the outline of the heating elements

1 - 18 of 18 Posts