Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have a 12' Traverse LTZ with the heated/cooled seats and I noticed the cooled seats blow, but no air comes out of the cushions. Upon further inspection of the seat, the rubber bellows that connect to the blower motors (both upper and lower) on both seats has completely rotted away and the motors are just blowing to the outside of the seats and not into the cushions. I was going to do the repair and replace them as they are not that difficult, once you remove the seat from the car, but DANG the elements are very expensive and to replace all 4 (2 upper and 2 lower) it's going to run me over $500 in just parts for both front seats. Has anyone found these cheaper or have an alternative (other than just not using them)? I didn't have a problem doing the driver side as the heated portion was going out anyway as there has been a short for the last few years that would kick it off after 10-15 seconds, but I don't know if it's really worth it to spend that much on parts to replace it myself. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Depending on how long you would like to keep the vehicle and how desperate you are for the heated/cooled seats.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depending on how long you would like to keep the vehicle and how desperate you are for the heated/cooled seats.
Thanks Dave and yes, I decided to bite the bullet and I've ordered all 4 (2 upper and 2 lower) and found them a little cheaper by buying them off various sellers on eBay for new units. I'll start tackling them this weekend with the driver seat first and hopefully it will all go smooth. Only thing I'm not looking forward to is having to snip and redo the hog rigs on both upper and lower seat cushions, but it shouldn't be that bad. Here in Houston I really use the cooled seats and finding out those didn't work pushed me to go ahead and do it as we plan on keeping this car for quite a bit longer and I'd rather have them working.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts