Traverse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just so potential buyers are aware, for models with the heated and cooled seats;

1) Only the Front seats are heated & cooled - not the 2nd or 3rd row (little Johnny will be cold on the leather in winter)

2) For cooling - only the seat bottom is cooled, not the seat back (so it won't help cool your shirt)

3) For heating - Both the seat bottom & seat back are heated

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
is this a popular option in cold weather areas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
For those of us who live in Florida it's a great option ;D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rbarrios said:
In Ontario, the temperature can range from -40C to +40C (-40F to 104F), so hopefully these will come in handy during both the dead of winter & the heat of summer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not sure I completely agree. I have heated and cooled seats in my LTZ and I can say that the back of the seat is definately cooled. Now whether that means that I'm feeling the lower seat cooling my back is another question but passengers I have asked all agree that their back is definately cooled and it was almost instant from turning the seat on.

One thing I must mention as it's possible it has change but my car was 364 off the line. So later models may not have cooled backs. However I only have one Traverse so I cannot confirm this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just got a 2011 LTZ and it definitely seems that only the seat bottom is cooled. I actually got on the forum today to check on this topic specifically. I was surely expecting the back of the seat to be cooled too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have an early 09 ltz, my seat back cools

·
Registered
295 Posts
This is odd as on my 12' LTZ you can turn on the cooling and definitely feel air blowing out of the seat and back. So on mine both cool.

·
Registered
64 Posts
2011 LTZ and seat bottom and backs are cooled on mine.

And no surprise that rear seats are not heated, that's pretty standard on any car, unless it's advertised as REAR heated seats as it would be an 'upgrade' compared to other cars.

Do I really want little Johnny or Jane to be cranking up the heated seats in the back all the time anyway? Kids have a higher tolerance for stuff like no heated seats. They don't care as much as we do as adults.

·
Registered
857 Posts
My 2010 heats/cools the seat bottom as well as the bottom half of the seat back.

·
Registered
295 Posts
rbarrios said:
I found it funny that you would think that just because a state can get cold in the winter that it can't get hot in the summer. :rofl:

Also 80 degress and humid make for a sticky seat. The cooled seats help with that.

I agree with the OP and what he stated.
I have been to where they assemble these seats and for the cooled part, there is a fan unit installed in the lower seat only.
Because the unit is near the back of the seat it does move some air up the seat back. There is no seperate unit in the seat back itself.
So many people might feel the back of the seat is cooled - it is done so only from the unit in the bottom seat.
That is also why many people report it is cooled only half way up the back of the seat.

Hey RBarrios - Just thought I would let you know that sometimes people from "cold" states travel to warm states especially in the winter. ;D
So to answer your question - Yes it is a popular option even for people in cold weather areas. :thumb:

·
Registered
857 Posts
50andunretired said:
I found it funny that you would think that just because a state can get cold in the winter that it can't get hot in the summer. :rofl:

Also 80 degress and humid make for a sticky seat. The cooled seats help with that.

I agree with the OP and what he stated.
I have been to where they assemble these seats and for the cooled part, there is a fan unit installed in the lower seat only.
Because the unit is near the back of the seat it does move some air up the seat back. There is no seperate unit in the seat back itself.
So many people might feel the back of the seat is cooled - it is done so only from the unit in the bottom seat.
That is also why many people report it is cooled only half way up the back of the seat.

Hey RBarrios - Just thought I would let you know that sometimes people from "cold" states travel to warm states especially in the winter. ;D
So to answer your question - Yes it is a popular option even for people in cold weather areas. :thumb:
Makes sense that the seat bottom is the only active part of the cooling feature--thanks.

BTW, heated/cooled seats are welcome here in Colorado...regular subfreezing temps in the winter, 90+ from mid-June to Labor Day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts