Traverse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all--my first time here and hoping someone can help.

I have a 2010 Traverse LT with the premium sound and an overhead DVD player. My kids will listen to a CD in the back with headphones (not the wireless as they tend to already have their wired ones out for their DS's). I change my front band to my music--can be FM or XM-- and I can hear their music coming out of my front top speakers. I hear my music at the sound level at which I have it set. Their music in the background sounds like when someone has their headphones turned up quite loud and you can hear it next to them. So after repeatedly telling my kids to turn their headphones down they informed me they couldn't even hear in their headphones as they had them turned all the way down yet I could still hear the sounds of their CD in the background of my music and discovered the problem. If I play a DVD or a CD in the DVD player I don't hear their sounds through my speakers. Took it to dealer and they replaced my radio--no help! So they pulled two other Traverses in to the shop and they have the same problem. So I guess what I am wanting to know is if anyone else has noticed this and what did you do to fix this? :help:

Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have noticed this also, however I didn't get it fixed. Just figured it was the way it was. LOL

G

·
jrmcswain said:
I have noticed this also, however I didn't get it fixed. Just figured it was the way it was. LOL
When the front and rear passengers have two different inputs selected; each one should hear only what is selected. I have an 07 Acadia with the overhead DVD; my kids can listen to any band on their headphones and I don't hear anything up front except for what I have selected

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jrmcswain-- I guess I cannot stand the annoying background noise----it grates on my nerves! That is the reason for their headphones so I don't have to hear Kidz Bop...lol.

I just can't believe this "premium" sound system can't be fixed!

I do appreciate your response so I know I am not the only one out there with the problem ;D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AA/78U said:
When the front and rear passengers have two different inputs selected; each one should hear only what is selected. I have an 07 Acadia with the overhead DVD; my kids can listen to any band on their headphones and I don't hear anything up front except for what I have selected
Thanks for your feedback--you just gave me an idea to tell the Chevy people to look at the Acadia's stereo setup and hopefully come up with a solution! Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Let me know if you found out something. Of course that would be yet another reason to take it to the shop. ::)

·
Registered
150 Posts
I think this is a design issue within the amplifier section of the radio. It may be poor use of the term, but it's like "cross-talk" or some kind of "induction" going on there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jrmcswain said:
Let me know if you found out something. Of course that would be yet another reason to take it to the shop. ::)

I'll keep you posted. Unfortunately, I am heading out of town for about 4 weeks, so I know the dealer won't be too worried about finding a solution to the problem without me here to be the "squeaky wheel". After 4 visits to the dealer, and no solution I am beginning to lose my patience.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bigtallvandy said:
I think this is a design issue within the amplifier section of the radio. It may be poor use of the term, but it's like "cross-talk" or some kind of "induction" going on there.
I get what you are saying. The weird thing is, the only solution the dealer has come up with is to replace the radio not to look into the speakers/surround sound. I asked my friend with a 2010 Acadia if she had the problem and got a no from her. Tried to see if it did it in my friends 2010 Traverse and it didn't--only difference is, she didn't have the overhead entertainment system--so I have to wonder if that is part of the issue despite the fact I don't have the problem when DVD's are played.

·
Registered
150 Posts
mrsamandabee said:
I get what you are saying. The weird thing is, the only solution the dealer has come up with is to replace the radio not to look into the speakers/surround sound. I asked my friend with a 2010 Acadia if she had the problem and got a no from her. Tried to see if it did it in my friends 2010 Traverse and it didn't--only difference is, she didn't have the overhead entertainment system--so I have to wonder if that is part of the issue despite the fact I don't have the problem when DVD's are played.
I don't have the DVD rear seat system. We do have the mid-row audio. I can't rightly recall if we encountered that symptom with our radio or not. All the passengers get to enjoy the same stuff the driver listens to in our Lambda. ;D :thumb: I'll have to try that out.

Dealers aren't normally having someone on staff who 'repairs' the radio. Their methodology is to simply swap out the head unit or the DVD unit, etc. For our former Montana SV6, we had the DVD replaced and the head unit a few times! :angryfire: Eventually the tech at a 3rd party company called while he was in the dealership working on our van (our dealership at that time), he advised that they don't "fix" the radios, they just swap them out. The dealerships often will farm out this work instead of having their own mechanics/techs doing that sort of work.

Sounds like your dealer just does the same thing. Who knows, swapping it out may fix the problem. But if it doesn't... oh boy - likely a design issue. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
*******UPDATE***********Re: Hear rear CD noise through front speakers.....help

For my vehicle, we have found it is due to the type of radio used with the drop down DVD entertainment system. I have replaced the radio (twice--first new one the DVD player didn't work---niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice job Chevy) and we have also attempted to replace the rear console. I have been in touch with Chevrolet about the issue as well as being treated like crap by my local dealer because I didn't buy my car there. I told Chevrolet I want my money back or a radio upgrade. I can't believe I paid extra for a "premium Bose sound system", and I can't even let my kids listen to their CD's! They told me I have to wait it out for a "software upgrade". Well, I am moving to Germany in February, and don't see me being able to pull into a dealer to get it fixed! My new dealer (30 miles away) has been awesome in trying to solve the problem. The tech working on it explained the problem is due to the radio. I asked him if I had the upgraded radio (the one with the NAV built in) if it would have the same bleed over. He didn't know so we hopped out on to the lot and tried it out with the upgraded radio---NO NOISE BLEED!!! I called Chevrolet and told them they should upgrade the radio and the problem would be solved. She said that is my option, but it would be at my expense?!?!?!?!!?!!? I wouldn't be opposed to paying the difference in the two prices, and they charge the install labor to warranty, but they aren't even willing to do that. I am very disappointed in the customer service I have received from the "district office".

Oh, and they found that the radio does the same thing on other Traverse's on the sales lot with the DVD entertainment system----Makes me mad they can sell them knowing there is something wrong with them!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts