Traverse Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new here and I did a search for some of this stuff but didnt find it anywhere, So any help I can get would be greatly appreciated

I am 19 and just bought my mom a New 2010 Chevy Traverse LT2 Cyber Gray, Black Leather, 7 Seats, and Bluetooth (Got it several thousand under invoice brand new Financed for 60 months) and since I know a ton of stuff is done to cars like mine I was wondering if there are a couple things possible on a Traverse.

I was wondering if anyone here has done a 3M Scotchgard treatment to their cars as a lot of people do for cars like infiniti and such. This is the first car my family has ever bought and I am really concerned about over time rock chips and scratches appearing and damaging the value down the line. Does anyone know what the most complete package of 3M Scotchgard for the car available as well as roughly how much this costs for the package and then how much additional for a professional install.

If anyone has installed themselves Id also love to know how challenging this is to do thanks and if possible the procedure one should adhere to in order to do this. Also any recommendations for professional installation in the Bergen County NJ area would be appreciated.

Was also wondering if anyone has ordered and received weathertech mats for this car. The kind that are supposedly digitally cut exactly to the size of the spaces and made to work perfectly with the car and can tell me if they are worth the price. I called them and they said they hadn't made the 2nd and 3rd row yet but would have that in 4-5 weeks. In the current time I spent several hours tucking in a carpet liner of over factory one to prevent any damage to the factory carpet.

Also since I have an LT2 I didnt get the projector headlamps that are on an LTZ, does anyone know how much it costs to get the projector headlamps from an LTZ, and if there should be issues installing them onto an LT2. Also does anyone have a recommended type of xenon config that works with the traverse and the headlights? Thanks in advance, this is one change I really want to make as I love the xenon lights on my Infiniti G35 and would love to have something similar to that is possible on the Traverse. If anyone has done this It would be really if you could let me know what the best way to get to the headlamps and do this is as well as the best place to get the best prices on decent stuff for all of this thanks.

Lastly I noticed that there is a decently easy way to remove the tail lamp and backup light assemblies as described in the owners manual I was wondering if anyone has put LED's back there and if so which bulbs did you use and did you have to change anything other then the bulbs for this to work correctly as I believe LED's have a different power draw then the normal bulbs used. Pictures of the results of these would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would appreciate if someone could help me out here especially with the 3m Paint Protection thanks

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
I think someone added the plastic that covers the front to protect from rocks...
You may be able to find the thread by searching for it...
it has been done- I dont know the cost.

Also- for 2010- the Projectors have been discontinued on the LTZ... and theyre simply projector lamps- not HIDs.

A tip... up on the upper right-- there are links to the Outlook, enclave, and acadia- you may want to also search those forums for tips...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh ok thanks

I managed to find someone who would do it extending to only the hood font bumper front fenders headlights and side view mirrors. I was told the cost with installation would be about $700 does anyone know if this is a reasonable price as I havent done this yet for any of my cars before. I would love to know if this is around the going rate for such a service thanks in advance.

Why were the projectors removed for 2010? and also I knew they were simple projector lamps but someone I saw on the forum has HID's inside those projector lamps so I was just wondering if that would be anyway possible and if it would be possible to get those headlights still full assembly and install them on my 2010 with HID bulbs? Would there be any issues with using HID bulb in the normal inclosure has anyone successfully done this?

Still wondering if there is a good solution for tails on the traverse with leds in them.

Thanks for your responses and thx in advance for anything else u may be able to help me with

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I will I appreciate the help

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would think that HIDs in the low beams would have a short life span due to the fact they are the DRLs also. Maybe that's why GM pulled them for 2010. Too many ballasts going out I would bet.

If you were to move forward, I would convert the true projector lamps to HID and not the standard reflectors because they will blind oncoming traffic because they were not designed for this.

I know because I converted my 07 Tahoe to HID's before this rid and I had to lower them a lot so people didn't flash me.

About the 3M, I had a professional do it at the dealership before I took delivery. I think I ended up paying 8 bills and that's after I beat them down to that... :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does you know how I could get a hold of those Projector style headlamps from the 09 ltz? and how hard it would be then to install as well as how hard it would be to change them to HID lights?

I wish the dealership had done it I asked them several times to do so but they said they dont do it anymore
I called around the best i got was $700 for the 3M
does anyone know what is the most coverage possible with 3m?

Thanks again for your replies

1 - 8 of 8 Posts