Traverse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and have they called you to offer you a better deal? One of my friends told me he let his XM 3 month trail run out and they offered him a better deal. Anybody experience this???

·
Registered
272 Posts
XM called me 2 days before it shut off and offered me the current free package for $7 a month for 3 months. After that period ended they never called to offer another deal.

·
Registered
312 Posts
We already had XM in our other two cars ( as well as in the one we sold to buy the Traverse) and we definitely wanted to keep it in the new car. We also have OnStar in my wife's SRX. Both services are great and are one of the better bargains out there even at regular price.

I travel a lot by car and I love having the convenience, choices, and safety these two systems provide. And, I love knowing my wife has the same coverage and safety in her car while I'm traveling.

·
Registered
14 Posts
When my initial 3-month package was nearing expiry, XM began to e-mail me offering a one-year renewal for $120. I was aware of a 'Come Back to XM' promo that offered one-year for $100 and was able to negotiate that rate. I'm sure when this year is up they will automatically charge my credit card $180 ($15/month x 12 months) as they have in the past with previous cars.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I tried to cancel my Onstar on my 2006 Trailblazer, after the free trial period but every year, i was offered lower monthly payments plus 100 minutes hands free, so I ended up keeping the services, for like I think the lowest it went down was $15 per month.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I waited them out and got an offer, just before the trial was up, of about $85 up front for one year.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Gibby said:
I waited them out and got an offer, just before the trial was up, of about $85 up front for one year.
That is good info to have when this 1 year time period lapses. :thumbsup:

Bob

·
Registered
43 Posts
bobg1951chevy said:
That is good info to have when this 1 year time period lapses. :thumbsup:

Bob
I renewed Xm for $77 a year on my Outlook. Then also gave them my credit card number and they took another $13(i think) off. So, around $64 for a year. When you call tell them you want to cancel and they will transfer you to the "cancellation department". This has been discussed thoroughly over on the Acadia and Enclave forums.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anybody been able to get the $77 offer and still be able to add Best of Sirius for anything less than full price?

Dave

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
when XM expired on my 2010- I simply got a letter in the mail with a reminder/offer.
No pushy tactics- I simply threw it away.
I think they know I already have Sirius(removable unit) and have XM(with best of sirius in the Impala)

·
Registered
72 Posts
I got neither. First off because Hawaii doesnt get satellite radio, and because we're quite mad at OnStar

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
maseacre said:
I got neither. First off because Hawaii doesnt get satellite radio, and because we're quite mad at OnStar
OK ....I'll bite. If you can't or don't get OnStar, why are you quite mad at Onstar?

Bob

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just don't sign up for automatic renewal for XM. Make sure you threaten to cancel every year when it comes up. Tell them it's too expensive. They'll give you a deal every time. $77 a year seems to be the best I have done. My mom has been given 3 months free a few times also. I have portable units for each car because I use it at my desk at work, and they have more features.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I cancelled OnStar after the 1 year prepaid. They tried like crazy to get me to stay. Unfortunately for them, that trying like crazy didn't actually involve any type of discount offer.

I kept the XM, cuz we use that all the time.

Joe

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yep - $77/yr XM, 149/yr for Onstar directions and connections

·
Registered
46 Posts
I never renewed XM on both of our GM cars. Onstar is $12.95 monthly after the free 1 year trial on my wife's 2008 Impala. I will have to call next month to get my 09 Traverse to switch over to the $12.95 plan.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Cancelled the XM radio didn’t see the need for it with and IPOD

8) Steve

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
on a side note-- Used ONstar Emergency yesterday...

Saw a large dog on the highway--- cars were slowing down like crazy- AND it was raining.
then I see a man running up the offramp of the freeway-- leash in hand....

I hit the Onstar Emergency- they asked what was wrong- and they patched me into CHP- who already had my location- and double checked was was going on with me... they dispatched units.

on a sadder note---- in the evening-- once dark- I was able to see something on the side of the 4 lane highway-- saw some red lights- I slowed down- then saw it was ANOTHER dog--- I came to a stop-- flashed high beams to let the cars next to me know (light up the dog)... but the lady in the car next to me-- hit the dog- (large dog- about German Shepherd size)...
since Id come to a stop-- I saw the poor thing being rolled under the suspension...
Needless to say-- I was teary eyed-- got home and petted my dogs.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
rbarrios said:
on a side note-- Used ONstar Emergency yesterday...

Saw a large dog on the highway--- cars were slowing down like crazy- AND it was raining.
then I see a man running up the offramp of the freeway-- leash in hand....

I hit the Onstar Emergency- they asked what was wrong- and they patched me into CHP- who already had my location- and double checked was was going on with me... they dispatched units.

on a sadder note---- in the evening-- once dark- I was able to see something on the side of the 4 lane highway-- saw some red lights- I slowed down- then saw it was ANOTHER dog--- I came to a stop-- flashed high beams to let the cars next to me know (light up the dog)... but the lady in the car next to me-- hit the dog- (large dog- about German Shepherd size)...
since Id come to a stop-- I saw the poor thing being rolled under the suspension...
Needless to say-- I was teary eyed-- got home and petted my dogs.
As an animal lover and "caretaker" of 2 large dogs, I understand and appreciate your compassion .....seeing an animal hurt or in distress hurts me to the core.

Bob

·
Registered
865 Posts
Wow, Roberto. Sorry you had to witness such events yesterday. I pray that the dog felt no pain and didn't suffer. I feel for that driver (and you) as I hit a dog many years ago. Hang in there my friend.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts