Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 with standard housings. I've read several threads about the H11 to H9 65 watt conversion with the standard reflector housings and it looks like they work fine with no overheating to the wiring or headlight housing.

What about the 100 watt version of the H9. Has anyone used those and what was the result?

Also, with the H9 swap do the DRL still function properly?

And has anyone used the H9's on their fog lights?

On Amazon there is a Hella Optilux that is 100 watt in both the H7 (highbeam) and H-9 (lowbeam), but there is also an 80 watt version of the H11.

Thank you for your assistance!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Check out the Wagner Britelights, nothing beats those in the Halogen world of bulbs. If you go led even the cheapest led's use the heatshrink non-fan ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found a 80 watt Hella bulb in H11 size on Amazon, so I'm going to try them out first since they are a DR.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Back in my Impala SS days, one of the unicorn parts was the European T84 glass headlight capsules. Those of us that found them were able to run 70W low, 100W hi bulbs. The high draw required a hefty upgrade to the headlight harness though as the increased draw would cook the OEM harness in short order. I'd assume the Traverse harnesses are built to only really handle the stock bulbs and maybe just a bit over...If you bump up the wattage, I'd consider upgrading the wiring as well.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
627 Posts
Plastic plugs will melt with the 80 or 100w bulbs, they make ceramic ones though. More stress on relays also.
I would not use them in a plastic housing, HID conversion will put out better, brighter and temperature safe light with less stress on the wiring harness.
Been there in the '90's with high wattage incandescent bulbs as a lot of stock ones were only 35w low beams.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts