Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there should be a way to enable the address change while in drive. Normally these safeguards work by adding a negative or positive charge to one of the system wires while in park, thus signaling the system to enable address changes. I have done this a few times on aftermarket systems. It usually involves checking each wire for a current change when the gear is shifted from park to drive and is very simple to do

Does anyone know where to get a wiring breakdown for the Nav system?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that was great this is part of what I asked there in response to the great post there:

Are we 100% sure that the wire in question is a speed sensor and not just a negative signal that is sent when the vehicle is in park???

On aftermarket DVD/monitor headunits this is the case; to defeat the DVD will not function unless in park feature there is a wire in the harness that you can simply connect to a permanant ground so that the dvd will play/show while the vehicle is in motion.

If that is the case here the wire in question will change from negative to non negatice charge whenever the shifter is moved to/from park????

·
Registered
37 Posts
On mine I don't need to be in PARK, only stopped. I have reset the address while stopped at a light without shifting.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then probably is a speed sensor or maybe the brakes triggered it...Who knows?

A

·
0 Posts
IIRC; the wire that is "fooled" is a speed sensor wire; it's been a while since I've read the Acadia thread concerning this mod

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AA/78U said:
IIRC; the wire that is "fooled" is a speed sensor wire; it's been a while since I've read the Acadia thread concerning this mod
Right bit the question is are there any other functions for this wire or does it just disable/enable the address function. If I cut the wire and cap it off will there be other functions lost, like arrival time in the GPS?

Ithe wire does not "sense speed I'm sure, it probably just sends a positive or negative current to tell the system to turn on/off the address function. If that is true, either cutting it or or splicing into it with either a posotive or negative surrent will permanently add the address feature...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't have GPS in my Traverse, however in my GMC Yukon the option to change locations in drive can be activated in the menu/options section of the GPS.

·
Registered
551 Posts
tmangine said:
I don't have GPS in my Traverse, however in my GMC Yukon the option to change locations in drive can be activated in the menu/options section of the GPS.
Not on these Nav units, as soon as you hit 5MPH the screen greys out. I agree it would be nice to be able to enter address, however I am not about to rip out the dash inorder to do it. If I have to enter an address on the fly, and I have, I simply pull over for like 30 seconds then back on your way. No biggie.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bobinvt said:
On mine I don't need to be in PARK, only stopped. I have reset the address while stopped at a light without shifting.
Yea, I tried that and it worked too. I still need the ability for my wife to change while we drive though...

·
Registered
37 Posts
From what I have read on other forums this wire (VSS) provides speed info to the nav system. If you disconnect this wire or install a switch, the nav system must get speed info from the GPS. This can cause some delays in determining your position.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts