Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much pain in the butt from one dealer....I found (on my own) a Desert Brown Metallic LT2! I love it! Pics posted soon if I can figure out how to do it! Cashmere/Dark grey interior....more comments in a bit! Natalie

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
let us know how they were a pain in the butt...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Congrats again, Natalie. Wow, a brown one -- that's pretty rare.
Would love to hear all about your adventure in finally getting the one you wanted.

·
Registered
185 Posts
DuayneD, COME ON Buddy! NY Car show in progress - what are you waiting for - I keep waiting for your post in this "GOT ONE" thread and you keep disappointing us. Come on and pull the trigger. I can't stand the suspense. :cheers:

·
Registered
161 Posts
t4me said:
DuayneD, COME ON Buddy! NY Car show in progress - what are you waiting for - I keep waiting for your post in this "GOT ONE" thread and you keep disappointing us. Come on and pull the trigger. I can't stand the suspense.
I'm touched, T. And I'm glad you're rootin' for me! :blob:
Every time I tell ask my wife, "Let's do this," she starts to mutter, "But it's just so big. So big."
After I make sure she's really talking about the Traverse -- and sadly, she always is -- I say "you'll get used to it." Which may not be true, since I'll be the primary driver and she'll be switching back and forth from her Camry.

Anyway, none of my eager Chevy dealers have gotten back to me with an Auto Show bonus, so I guess it may not exist this year here, even though it has in the past and it has this year in other areas like Illinois, Ohio and Iowa, even!

So . . . Tuesday we're going to test drive the last -- but most-worthy -- contender: The sleek, sexy Mazda CX-9, which is just slightly smaller and a sweet ride by all accounts (but not as smooth a ride as the Trav).

Check it out, even the CX-9 base model has a more upscale interior look and most of the features you only get on the 1LT and up (18" wheels, zoned automatic climate control, heated seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel w/ audio controls and blue tooth). Yes, I said the base model![/color]

Icing on the cake is that Mazda has $3,500 in rebates (vs. $2,250 for Chevy), so I can even afford the Touring step-up model. For the price of a FWD 1LT with no options, I can get AWD, leather seats (you listening, GM?), and nice colors, like Copper Red at NO extra charge. :eek:

Don't worry, I still loves me some Traverse , and CX-9 ain't perfect either. No OnStar of course, but for some stupid reason, Satellite radio is $400 extra. (guess they had to draw the line somewhere).
Also, gas mileage and cruising distance are subpar compared to the Trav.

So the suspense continues ... ::)

·
Registered
185 Posts
DuayneD, funny you should talk about the CX-9 as my wife has been noticing them around NE Ohio ALOT lately... She NEVER noticed ANY crossovers until we purchased the Trav... Now she sees them all and really likes the look of the CX-9... For her to really be attracted to it is a real compliment in and of itself... Bottom line is convince the lady to bite on something as now really is the time to buy... These things are only going to get more pricey as the economy improves down the road... Hopefully you will not need to wait much past the 2010 model release and 2009 model blow-outs. Keep us updated... You have invested far too much time and energy now to back away so make it happen if it needs to be the CX-9... We will still acknowledge you (as we blow by you, of course). >:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts