Traverse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded up from 4x4 Xterra. There just wasn't enough room for two car seats and my teenage daughter to fit in the backseat. So, first I looked at the Nissan Pathfinder. Pretty nice vehicle with 7 seats. I was only really considering the base model. No 4x4s were availble in red, blue or white exteriors. I'm pretty sure that no 4x4s were available. So then I decided I could afford the next level up. I think that is an LE. But then the dealer low balled me on my trade. At that point I hadn't even heard of the Traverse. Went out the next day to try it out. Liked. I didn't want all the extra bells and whistles. So the dealer shows me an LS with only a spare tire and front plate holder. The sales guy led me to believe that even though I wanted the tow package they could easily had the hitch and hook up the cooler that is supposedly already installed but not hooked up. On the day I was to close I stumbled upon a forum that spelled out what was in the tow package. Needless to say I was hoping mad. So, the sales guy scrambled around and found one for me. I had gone to another dealer (because I was ticked) but he couldn't match the deal I had gotten.

So I have a 2009 Dark Cherry LS with a spare tire, front plate and tow package as the the only sticker options. I had the dealer throw in the cargo package which is only a net and a cover and they also installed the cross rails.. The cover is not what I had expected. It is meant to be used with the third row flat. I have also added husky liners in all three postions and also behind the third row. I have ordered a GPS with backup camera.

So in the Chevy I got front and rear air on the base model. To get that in the Nissan I would have had to move up to a more expensive model. I did look at the LT/LTZ but I didn't see any features that I really wanted.

I guess all things are relative. This vehicle rides very smooth, much more so then the Xterra. I gave up 4x4 on the Traverse because frankly I never really needed it on the Xterra. I just wanted it.

I have a surco cargo carrier for the roof, left over from my Suburban that would fit the Xterra. But alas, Surco doesn't sell any adapters to fit the Traverse other than something that would require me to drill the roof. Not going to happen. So for trips with the whole crew of 7, I guess will will need to thank about purchasing a cargo box (dealer sells one and I found what appears to be the same thing on line for about $100 less).

Anyway I have rambled on long enough.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
I wish some of those salesmen would learn what theyre selling.
Youre not the 1st to be told you can add the tow hitch....
Ive read on some Traverse owners needing the extra towing-- but are told just adding the hitch and a cooler will raise the rating...
as many of us here know--- the factory unit will give you the most towing....
But glad you caught this before you signed.
Since you have the hitch receiver- and the plug nearby- you may want to get one of these. I added the LED lamps- they are parking, turn, and brake lamps.
I simply plug into the 7 pin connector. Ive used it many times on my Trailblazer- for many long trips to Guadalajara- I simply buy boxes of the right size- pack everything up tie it down- and off I go.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts