Traverse Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously looking at 2010 Traverse 1LT + Tow + Remote Start + Camera + Black Paint + 7 Pass

MSRP is ~42K as best I can tell from GM.ca

Offer is
~35K, that has the current 4200 Dealer incentive + 750 Service credit on a card

Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roger that...it appears that its 41ish with those options, 1LT is 38 and change before that right?

38ish for 1LT
+ 200 for Black
+ 675 for 7 pass
+ 750 for camera
+ 550 for tow
+ 255 for remote start

- 4200 for GM
- ~3000 from dealership

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
We got ours for $33,500+tax

2010 1LT
-Tow pkg
-remote start
-7 passanger
-roof rack

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, its not a great deal i suppose...

35 ish with those options. You add the black and camera you are 34.5

Gm.ca doesnt seem to let me build anymore for whatever reason the site is down or times out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use my own formula. 22-25% off of MSRP. I'm in Manitoba and got my 2010 1LT (in november 2009) for 24% off the MSRP (that includes the incentives). It took the sales man 3 trips in and out of the office trying to get me to go up on the price, I refussed, then he brought in the sales manager and the finance guy. The whole process took about 1.5hrs (we were there 45 mins. after closing). I have never got a new car for less than 22% off MSRP and consider that a "fair" deal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hope this helps and that the formatting comes out ok, it's from the website you mentioned above, valid for Ontario and does not include any kind of rebates.

Retail Price * Wholesale Price **
Base $38,360.00 $34,755.00
Freight $1,350.00 $1,350.00
Optional equipment selected
- FEDERAL AIR CONDITIONING EXCISE TAX (-EXTAX) $100.00 $100.00
- BLACK GRANITE METALLIC (58U) $195.00 $168.00
- 7-PASSENGER SEATING -inc: cloth reclining front bucket seats, 8-way pwr driver seat w/pwr lumbar, 2nd row 40/40 captain chairs w/Smart Slide, 3rd row manual 60/40 split bench seat (ABB) $675.00 $581.00
- HD TRAILERING EQUIPMENT -inc: hitch platform, trans cooler, 7-wire harness w/independent fused trailering circuits mated to a 7-way sealed connector, 2" trailering receiver, electric brake controller jumper harness (V92) $550.00 $473.00
- REMOTE VEHICLE START (BTV) $255.00 $220.00
- REARVIEW CAMERA SYSTEM -inc: OnStar controls, auto-dimming rearview mirror w/rear camera display (UVC) $775.00 $667.00
Dealer Marketing Association $96.00
Totals including all items above $42,260.00 $38,410.00

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Much appreciated.

I think I am driving my wife nuts now with the flip flopping. Part of me doesn't think we need the bigger suv, since we have a Trib 01. Was toying with the idea of just getting the little brother the Equinox. We're six weeks out from needing a second car, this one will be the prime, but with the trib serving as backup when we are split going to each kids events. hockey vs dance.

Nox vs the Trav are the same $ per month, but 12 mos longer.

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
Well.... my brother bought a Vue in the past 2 yrs.
His Family consists of him. wife and 1 son. and 3 small dogs.

Hes also military police. so he carries a bag full of gear. (for anyone that thinks military police arent cops- ask him)

Anyways-- he also has a prosthetic (from the knee down) (middle east related) so he sometimes carries a spare prosthetic, sometimes crutches etc.....
what he soon found out-- is that with the baby seats, strollers, gear, etc.... the Vue- was coming up short on space....
Now throw in Grandma and uncles..... and well-- space ran out....
The new nox--- may be a little bigger than the vue (the Vue and older nox shared the platform I think).

He recently visited.....
and we found that with the Traverse--- we could carry 6 adult passengers, 2 kids with their car seats and 2 strollers....

They did get a rental recently- an Acadia- and he texted me--- and said-- Acadia... Traverse siblings?
I replied yes....
he really liked the amount of space the acadia had with the 3rd row down.

So--- If you plan on carrying people/dogs/ or other stuff.... then consider the limitation the Nox may bring...
if you know youll never carry more than you and your wife--- then the nox may be just right...

as for the little shootout....

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/41380587.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 2LT for $38 (MSRP was $42), similar to what you are looking for. 2LT comes standard with most of the items you listed (except paint and tow).

Mine is 2LT+Tow+DVD+Black+USB/Bluetooth+leather; so it has (standard?) remote start, camera w/backup sonar and 7 passenger config. Might be a better option (maybe?).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts