1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 White LT2 Traverse Demo (Dealers Wife) Leather Seating 4992 Miles
MSRP $36,875
Invoice $34946
Offer $33450
Does not include $1500 rebate.
Good Deal?

Also, dealer says they can not apply GMS discount because this is already discounted more than GM family pricing. Any ideas on this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sounds similar to the deal we got for our 2009 demo. LT1 with Nav and Bose. MSRP 36k. We paid something like 33K and got 0% financing. We are happy with our Traverse, except for the gas mileage, but that is another story!

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
I Posted your question on another site- a few dealers/salesmen on there...

this was the 1st reply....

"OK I'll bite

The offer price is $4 more than the invoice price less $1500 rebate.

That would be a great deal on a new, zero miles vehicle. I'd pass."

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
ok, a few more people have replied--- this is what they said...
--------------------------------
I could be reading this wrong but I think it is $1000 below invoice. If you get another $1500 off then I think that would be a pretty good price for a vehicle with only 5k miles on it.

----------------------------------

Its not a bad deal. If you own a GM product you could get an extra $1000 in rebates.
------------------------------------

A "dealer demo" is nothing more than a used car, that is probably still on the MSO - and never titled.

It is a fancy term used by dealers to try to get you to think it is something other than a used car.

Good luck.

--------------------------------------

If the Traverse was used as a demo and the warranty has not started, $1000 below invoice is a pretty good deal. If it was titled to the dealer under the daily rental or gmdrac, they should go lower than that as there is more than $1000 allowance for Traverse through the gmdrac program. I think it is $2000.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
rbarrios said:
ok, a few more people have replied--- this is what they said...
--------------------------------
I could be reading this wrong but I think it is $1000 below invoice. If you get another $1500 off then I think that would be a pretty good price for a vehicle with only 5k miles on it.

----------------------------------

Its not a bad deal. If you own a GM product you could get an extra $1000 in rebates.
------------------------------------

A "dealer demo" is nothing more than a used car, that is probably still on the MSO - and never titled.

It is a fancy term used by dealers to try to get you to think it is something other than a used car.

Good luck.

--------------------------------------

If the Traverse was used as a demo and the warranty has not started, $1000 below invoice is a pretty good deal. If it was titled to the dealer under the daily rental or gmdrac, they should go lower than that as there is more than $1000 allowance for Traverse through the gmdrac program. I think it is $2000.
Dealer "demos" and "rentals" are different in specific application. A "demo" would be a "company car" provided to a dealership manager, a "rental" is a loaner car, normally provided to service / body customers.

In either case, rental or demo, the warranty clock begins when the vehicle is placed into rental or demo application. If I had my choice and both were available, I would choose to buy the "demo" ..... never the rental.

Bob

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
seems the poster didnt get it--- he never came back and posted again...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts