Traverse Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/06/08/gm-recalling-million-cars-hazard/

The recall covers the 2006-2009 Buick Lucerne, Cadillac DTS, Hummer H2; 2008-2009 Buick Enclave and Cadillac CTS; and 2007-2009 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, GMC Acadia, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Saturn Outlook and the 2009 model year Chevrolet Traverse.

The announcement follows a recall in 2008 when GM added a fuse to the vehicles' control circuit harness to address an electrical short. GM, however, has received new reports of "thermal incidents" after the fix

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: GM recall-All Lambda's

I think this is only for Lambda's with the heated washer fluid system - so not all Lambda's. GM recalled these previously due to problems and stopped offering the system.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
emg77 said:
I think this is only for Lambda's with the heated washer fluid system - so not all Lambda's. GM recalled these previously due to problems and stopped offering the system.
You're correct, this is a heated washer system recall, but it's Lambda wide

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Yes and the fix is going to be to disable the heated washer fluid system for good. This is a new tactic your vehicle comes out with less options then you had.

I would expect to get the cost of the system back too.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
they are to refund you $100.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I got mine early, but it was already after they stopped putting them into the Traverses :( The original recall was to put a fuse in place to keep the heater from over doing it. I guess that wasn't enough, so they are now just going to completely pull the units and pay $100.

What I wonder is why they didn't just use a little engine heat to get the wiper fluid hot? Maybe run it through a bladder next to the radiator, or something else that might be much more simple than adding an electric heating coil next to liquid (which usually results in a disaster.) Shoot, anything above freezing would be helpful at times when sprayed on the windshield.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Did this feature come standard? I don't even know if I have that feature. We park in the garage and I don't think I've ever had to use it.

Thanks,
Melissa

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jrmcswain said:
Did this feature come standard? I don't even know if I have that feature. We park in the garage and I don't think I've ever had to use it.

Thanks,
Melissa
I have an Acadia and the RPO for this system is XA7; not sure if that is the same RPO for the Traverse, but you can check the listing on the sticker in the glove box. I doubt that your 09 has this system, but you can check just to be sure

·
Registered
150 Posts
My '09 Outlook XR has the heated washer fluid system and is XA7 on the RPO code. This was likely across all the Lambda's. On the Saturn Outlook this was an option that was removed from the Vehicle Order Guide in 09/29/2009 (deleted XA7 entirely). The heated washer fluid system was also part of the "Cold Weather Package" which was RPO code PCW.

The XA7 description was something like "WASHER NOZZLES, HEATED, WINDSHIELD (HEATED WINDSHIELD WASHER FLUID SYSTEM)"

Regards,
/BTV

·
Registered
23 Posts
I talked to my husband about it. He did say it wasn't available at the time, so my Traverse doesn't have it. I'm happy because that would have been yet another trip to the dealer. ::)

Thanks,
Melissa

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Received some new info from a reliable source

A T labor code for customers who refuse to have the recall performed. This labor code will NOT close the recall. If a customer refuses to have the recall performed, dealers are to provide the customer with a copy of the "Notice to Customer" document contained in this bulletin, record on the repair order "customer declined recall repair" and, if possible, have the customer sign the repair order. Request that the letter be placed in the vehicle glovebox for future reference by subsequent owners. If at a later date the customer, or a new owner, decides to have the recall performed, perform the repair and submit the claim using the appropriate V labor code.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts