Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DETROIT – Chevrolet announced the 2009 Traverse crossover will carry a MSRP of $28,990, including a $735 destination charge, for the 2WD LS model. It goes on sale this fall.

“With its great styling, leading fuel economy and comprehensive roster of equipment, the Traverse is a great expression of Chevrolet value,” said Ed Peper, Chevrolet general manager.

The 2009 Chevrolet Traverse is an expressively styled, well-equipped crossover that delivers people-hauling and cargo-carrying capability typically found in larger SUVs. It is offered in LS, LT and LTZ models, in both front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive configurations. Product highlights include:

* Expressive styling inspired by the 2008 Malibu
* Optimized aerodynamics that enhance fuel economy and reduce wind noise
* Four-wheel independent suspension system
* StabiliTrak electronic stability control system
* Family of 17-, 18- and 20-inch wheels
* Seating for up to eight adults
* Second-row Smart Slide seat feature, for easy access to the third-row seats
* Rear-seat entertainment system with second-row controls
* Six standard air bags, including side curtain air bags that deploy over all three seating rows
* OnStar with Turn-by-Turn Navigation and Direction Download and eNav (with navigation system)
* XM Satellite Radio including NavTraffic real-time traffic feature (with navigation system)
* Bluetooth hands-free phone connectivity

Traverse is powered by a 3.6L engine with direct injection technology that helps produce power similar to many V-8 engines, but delivers better-than-expected fuel economy and a 25-percent reduction in cold-start emissions. The 3.6L engine is mated to the fuel-saving Hydra-Matic 6T75 six-speed automatic transmission.

http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewpressreldetail.do?domain=2&docid=46672

·
Registered
426 Posts
Great post! You beat me to it by an hour :)

On the price, though, I was hoping it would be a thousand or two cheaper than this, but I think this is close to what I expected. As a Lambda owner, though, I can tell you that this is a TON of car for $29k.

·
Registered
17 Posts
mkaresh said:
I haven't taken a close look yet at how standard features compare.

Has anyone seen a complete price list, with options? If I had one, I could enter the Traverse into TrueDelta's database, which would enable precise price and features comparisons.

Car price comparisons
The only option/model info I saw had the tentative RPO codes but no prices. It also had what is standard/available on each model. You have probably seen this info, I think it is linked on this forum. I'm looking forward to this info as I am either going to buy an '08 Outlook on a dealer lot or order the Traverse depending on the cost.

UPDATE[/color] UPDATE[/color] UPDATE[/color]
I visited a Chevy dealer in South Georgia today (6-30-08) and was told they can't order until 7-16. They did give me the following MSRP for models:
LS: 28,255 + 735 destination= $28,990
1LT= 30,810 + 735= $31,545
2LT= 33,515 + 735= $34,250
1LZ= 39,075 + 735= $39,810

1 - 5 of 5 Posts