Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, first off, this is my first post and my name is jose :thumb:

I have been going back and forth with the dealership gathering info on the Traverse, and looking over what our options are.

We currently have a loan on a 2007 cobalt and the dealer told us they would pay off the equity on it if we go for the Traverse on a new loan. We thought this could be a good deal considering we wont have negative equity.

Also, we are interested in the LS.. we dont need the fancy cosmetics that the LT has and what not. We can live without the navi and dvd monitor. etc.

Anyway, are there any other questions we NEEEEED to ask the salesman before we seal the deal?

I understand GM may be going bankrupt in a matter of weeks. Can I use this to my advantage and try to get a good or better deal?

Thanks and any tips are appreciated :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Are you say that, as an example, your cobalt is worth (what they are going to give you for it) 10,000 and you owe 9,000 (pay off amount)?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I'm sure late monday or early Tuesday the rebates will go up due to the BK. Obama will refund the sales taxes on Chrylers so I'm sure he'll do the same for chevys......And since you'll be getting the LS there's only one thing that you can ask the sales man...ask if the vehicle comes with the inflator kit or the spare tire...spare tire is the way to go in my opinion. the last thing you wanna do is inflating your tire in the middle of the freeway

·
Registered
201 Posts
The incentives defiantly will change just don't know which way they will go, right now there is Memorial Day Sale cash tat will go away and with the shutdown of the plants inventories will and are starting to get smaller.
Questions to ask the dealer/salesperson only if you need it would be about if the Traverse has tow package or not.

·
Registered
91 Posts
2hrs ago I just call my local dealers and asked them if they could do the $22750 for the LS like they had in early Jan 2009. After about 30min one called me back w/ an offer of $23,150 for a stickered LS of $29000. Lesson to be learned....in a simply phone call I got $6g's off sticker. My buddy has a wife in the market and thought I'd help him out.

Rear Climate
60/40 2nd row bench
3rd row seating
on star

·
Registered
91 Posts
One...dealer that I got it from went belly up. two....I have no idea. Right place at the right time. Dealer had two to sell at that price. Quad captain chairs and that 2nd row console is PIMP!

·
Registered
34 Posts
stumpk said:
One...dealer that I got it from went belly up. two....I have no idea. Right place at the right time. Dealer had two to sell at that price. Quad captain chairs and that 2nd row console is PIMP!

Wow that is a deal. I might go out and buy another one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts