Traverse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
Owner's manual is written for the average person. The one who never opens the hood even to check the oil occasionally.
That's why 1/2 of it is dedicated for the important stuff like how to link one's phone to the vehicle or run the infotainment system.
Us 2% who do our own maintenance are very deep into the minority now.

· Registered
1,296 Posts
This is for 2nd generation Traverse.
Info for 2nd generation Traverse
Traverse transfer case
This is excellent information! I know there has been a lot of conflicting information, but this clears it up. Very interesting that the clutches have their own fluid and it's sealed from the gears in the rear diff - Honda uses a clutched rear differential as well but it's one fluid for the whole diff.

Now is this for all 2nd gen Traverses or only the High Country with the twin clutch rear diff that's used in the Enclave Avenir, Acadia AT4 and XT6 Sport models?

· Registered
25 Posts
What's everyone take on not reusing the fastener?
The differential and the transfer case take the same drain plug. I ordered 2 magnetic drain plugs on www.powerslutracing.com (#PSR-5692). It is a M22-1.5 thread. I ordered extra washers/gaskets. You don't have to replace the plug. Just replace the washer. Even when I change my oil I am in the habit of always replacing the washer.

· Registered
1,296 Posts
Are the fluids different also for a 2015 AWD? I only had the Delco synthetic gear lubricant changed
The 2015 (1st gen) is much more straightforward. Gear oil in both per the owner's manual page below. 75W90 can be hard to find in synthetic, I've run 80W90 with no problem in every vehicle I've owned.

Font Screenshot Number Document Handwriting

Reactions: David B.

· Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 11045

Really Chevy....... I look up the rear differential fluid in the manual and it tells me to go to the dealer. Then it doesn't even mention the transfer case. Total BS.
View attachment 11045

Really Chevy....... I look up the rear differential fluid in the manual and it tells me to go to the dealer. Then it doesn't even mention the transfer case. Total BS.
Do the work and you will find multiple answers to your questions. there are many substitutes for all the lubricants for your Traverse.

· Registered
10 Posts
Owner's manual is written for the average person. The one who never opens the hood even to check the oil occasionally.
That's why 1/2 of it is dedicated for the important stuff like how to link one's phone to the vehicle or run the infotainment system.
Us 2% who do our own maintenance are very deep into the minority now.
The older (A lot older) car manuals even used to have torque specs and valve adjustment clearance. Now it says don't drink the antifreeze. What happened to people?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts