Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a maintenance schedule for the VVT Actuator screens? There should be!!!, the fine screens appear to clog and varnish causing stumble and hesitation @ 1700-2000RPM.

After months of debug (ignition packs, plugs, injectors, pcv, air filter, intake valve de-carb, wiring to packs, wiring to injectors) The home run was simply cleaning the 4 actuators.

Absolutely crazy.... Mode 6 data significantly improved to practically zero misfires.

I strongly recommend cleaning all 4 VVT Actuators if you have done all the standard coils and and injector nonsense.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
I have not seen a schedule.
But am aware of the screen getting clogged and causing issues... This was also an issue on the Trailblazer forums. But I think this applies to all vehicles with VVT.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Got a link to a video for how to access these?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm pretty much having the same issue but the code reader threw a P0324 code for a bad knock sensor. I'm replacing it but don't know how many sensors there are in the Traverse. In your case, is what you're calling the VVT actuator also called a VVT solenoid? If so, is it best to replace all four or pull and clean?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts