Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we purchased our Traverse it idles funny when cold. In the morning it idles when you first start it at about 1500 rpm. Within the first minute or two my engine will drop in rpm by about 500 or so like its going to stall and then pick back up again. Its enough that I can hear it in the exhaust if I'm standing at the rear of it. Also, I let my car warm up for a little bit before I drive it. When I first drive it there seems to be a hesitation. You step on the throttle and it takes a second before it starts to accelerate. Once I drive it for a mile or so its fine. These happen only when its cold. Anyone else have these issues? Its going to be a few weeks before I can get it into the dealer.

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
my 2010 does the same thing.
as its rpm's are high- it begins to drop a bit- and then suddenly theres like a pause- where it drops and resumes. and then continues to rev... slowly down.
I wait till its about 900 before shifting.

I see it as some kind of emissions thing....

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds just like mine. There is quite a bit of technology at work on the DI engines. When I get it back to them I'll post what they said about it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Sounds like mine also. Not long after driving it stablizes at just over 500 rpm (when idling). However this process may take longer when the real cold sets in (we took delivery of the car last April).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts