Traverse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Husky Liner Full Install Pics and Review:

I was torn between Weathertech and Husky so AutoAnything.com made the decision for me as I got a 10% off coupon and the price of the Husky Liners INCLUDING the 3rd row mats was less than WT's as they don't have a 3rd row mat available at the time of this posting.

Front Drivers Mat:

Note now it molds around the foot rest and had a little cutout for the vent on the center column. The little nub in the mat goes over the spinlock posts that holds the factory mats. Although it appears it helps the mats from moving, the back of the mats have the cleats to hold it still anyway.

Sorry I the mats aren't immaculately clean....

Front Passenger Mat:

Note I just put this in so it isn't fully settled to the contours, but the coverage is excellant.

2nd Row Bench:

This is factory mat with passenger seat slid all the way forward. Note now this mat folds up if 2nd 40 split is "smart slide" forward.

This is the Husky Mat in place. It completely covers up the exposed rails which also means you can't slide the seats forward.

Note the "suggested" cut areas if you want to trim this mat around the slide rails.

View of 2nd row with front passenger in a normal position:

3rd Row Mats:

I forgot to take picture of the factory 3rd row mats, but here is what Husky has for us. Note there are four "nubs" shown but there only the side nubs are in play because the Acadia or Outlook uses the other nub positions. Note the detail around the rear vents!

Cargo Liner:

This is a before view of the liner. Note I have Black Canvasback installed here also because I have a lab/retriever. The funny circular object at the back of the 2nd row is a speck of dirt on the lens. Sorry!

Rbarrios wrote up an excellant post of the Canvasback install here.

Here are pics of the final husky liner. Note the excellant fit of the sides. The large rear lip may get annoying but at least I know I can haul around cans of paint without fear of spillage. Just kidding! I guess I can always trim down the lip if it really gets to me.

Conclusion:

My last truck was an 07 Tahoe where I went full Weathertechs. The pricing of the full Husky set with 10% off and including a 3rd row was less than the best WT bundle I could find, so that was the decision maker.

Sure the 2nd row will probably get trimmed eventually if I find I need to slide the 2nd row forward and actually use the 3rd row seats, but for now I like the coverage over the 2nd row open slide rails for now. But if I do employ the 3rd row, then the cargo liner has to come out also as I didn't buy the little mat behind the 3rd seat in the up position.

Note the WT's are already cut out for the 2nd row bench slides according to this photo at their website.

Ultimately I'm more than satisfied with this purchase. Hopefully this post will help your decision between the two companies.

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
wow, those are heavy duty....
Im guessing that folks in snow country bring in alot of mushy snow on their shoes. and so these are ideal to catch all the water...
No such thing in Los Angeles where I live...

Do you plan on leaving the big one back there--- or will you be taking it in and out as you need it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rbarrios said:
Do you plan on leaving the big one back there--- or will you be taking it in and out as you need it?
Funny that you ask. When I had the Tahoe, I removed the 3rd row seats (they didn't fold flat, but tumbled forward) and shrink wrapped them since day 1. The dealer was happy to get them back wrapped when I traded it in.

Right now I don't have use for the 3rd row. Just one bambino right now. But if I find I need to start using the 3rd row, then the big mat and probably the 2nd row mat will have to removed. I don't think I want to cut into 2nd row mats for the small amount of times I may use the third row as I like the slide rails covered up.

Too early to tell! Maybe I'll end buying the smaller cargo mat and the WT 2nd row that is already cut out for the rails... :cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
these photos and write up will sell a few more sets. i'm sold. thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Snoman, Very timely article you posted. Thank you for the detailed pics! I just ordered a set of these Husky Liners for my Outlook. Their website doesn't allow you to order the 2nd row bench for an Outlook, so I just ordered a Traverse 2nd row bench. All of this in tan. Think these mats are pricey though I did get a 15% discount and free shipping.

Should get 'em in 4 days.

I'll post up when they are all in place.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Jim

·
Registered
11,572 Posts
tan--- ouch!!!

I once had a 96 saturn- gold outside- tan inside......... big mistake for me...
Im a little on the obsessive compulsive side--- my interior has to be clean...
well tan floormats were a big mistake....
All shoes dirtied the mats--- and everytime I washed the car--- I HAD to wash the mats. This was every week in the summer...
so I learned my lesson--- now the interiors of my cars are grey or ebony.
I still clean the inside- vacuum.... but in my 03 Trailblazer- 150,000 miles- I never washed the mats- only vacuumed.
they still looked good--- but it saves me tons of time in not having to wash and wait for them to dry....
I learned my lesson....
My Traverse interior is Ebony,

·
Registered
71 Posts
rbaririos,

Well, I leaned to a the interior theme because of the tan interior. Believe me, when I do wash this bad boy in the dead of winter, I fully expect to pull the mats and give them a once over with the garden hose/scrub brush. My experience, regardless of color of the mats [even black], they all turn greyish due to the slush and salt in my neck of the woods. Comes with the territory. Certainly glad I ordered these Huskys'. They WILL save the interior carpet.

Pics to follow when received.

Regards,

Jim

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thank you, nice post! I am going to get these asap. I dont need the third row as they really never get used, do these come as a set or do you buy them each? Am I crazy or how come I did not see them on autoanything.com? Can you point me in the right direction... how much? etc.

Thanks,

·
Registered
71 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts