Traverse Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just finished rebuilding heads on a 09 traverse. When I hooked back up the battery the fuel pump keeps priming no key in the ignition.... And won't crank. Obd scanner won't connect and fuel gauge shows empty... I've been searching everywhere and nobody seems to have this issue. I rechecked every wire and everything seems good. Thx vik

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Id go and look at any plugs you may have undone- check for bent pins.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep I already did that checked all the connection cant find anything wrong.. maybe its a blown ecu? i powered up the car without everything connected to make sure fuel rail wasn't leaking and then finished installing heads etc.. soon as i connect the battery i hear a hum coming from the fuel tank. Truck wont crank and fuel gauge shows empty even tho its full and obd2 wont connect.... i checked the fsm and tranny connectors aswell

thx

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe my oil pressure sensor is shorted? I changed it a few months ago but maybe after this job oil/antifreeze etc has gone into the connector... I will try d/c tomorrow... its hard to get to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tested for power at the fscm dark green/white I get power from ecm with no key in ignition... When I pull bat1 fuse 50 amp re-insert it then put back in fscm 25 the pump stays off till I put key in and turn to on

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A little update... I attached a a voltmeter to the negative boosting post and the other lead to the front right engine block ground and found i had 7 volts passing through... I found that if i d/c the alternator wire from the alternator the draw would go down to 1 volt and the pump doesn't run anymore... when I hook up the alternator the battery voltage slowly starts to drop... so I may have a shorted alternator. Still cant connect to pcm through obd2 port. I have voltage on pin 15 of obd2 port and ground on pin 4 and 1.0v on pin 5 which should be signal ground. Anyone with the fuel pump running should check for this alternator short... or a short in general. Hopefully my pcm didnt fry. Not sure why my alternator would fail other than when I was boosting it etc when the timing chain broke. I will check for more shorts tomorrow and give a update..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Figured it out ! Pcm ground on the right front of block was not attached... I couldn't see it because lower rad hose was hiding it. I only noticed it when i was taking everything apart to check for shorts... I Hope this post will help someone in the future because most people don't follow up if you solved your problem or not.. Please always follow up.. It only takes a few mins and will save someone a lot of time. Attached is a pic of the pcm ground that caused my problem. Thank to rbarios for a reply and help. I will make a post next week to help people with timing chain/ head rebuild tips next week... Please email me at [email protected] if you need help. Thanks again rbarios for your reply

P:S its the wire on the right

Attachments

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
Very interesting about that picture.
I few weeks ago, someone came on one of the forums- asking for help tracking down where that ground cable should be attached.
They had theirs loose... all they knew is that it went under the fuse box.
I went out and tracked down that cable- and were it attached.
Posted the pic.
I dont think that poster ever came back to update after seeing the pics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The fuse box or pcm.... the ground near the fuse block attaches to the rear right head...

·
Registered
11,235 Posts
oh wait.... had to reimagine his posted pic.
the cable runs under the air filter box.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts