Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, new member here. We just purchased a 2011 Traverse LT, only has 45,000 miles on it. So far I have had to replace the water pump, change out a heater actuator, and now I have just replaced the fuel pressure sensor because the check engine light was on, after they replaced it, two weeks later the check engine light came on again, so I took it back to the chevy dealer, and they replaced the fuel pressure sensor again. now only one week later the check engine light came on again. Is this a common problem with the fuel pressure sensor, or do I have a faulty gas cap, or do I need to clean out the fuel injectors. I am at a loss here, I will take it back to the dealer next week. Thanks for any input, I do love the car, just wasn't ready for so many things to need to be worked on at such a low millage.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Perils when you buy a used car with unknown history could be 100,000 easy miles or 20,000 where it has been beat to crap.

In a previous life driver may have routinely topped off the gas tank after the pump clicked off......forced liquid in the vent line screwing up the storage canister and crapping out the purge valve.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info, Ill have the dealership mechanics check that out this wednesday when I drop it off. Youre so right, it all depends on how the previous owner took care of it. Ill keep all updated.

·
Registered
11,174 Posts
are talking about the valve up front by the throttle body, the fuel pressure sensor under the intake manifold or the fuel pressure sensor on top of the gas tank.

Its is uncommon to have it fail that many times in 45,000.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, thank you
I am pretty sure it is the one above the gas tank, it takes 6 hours of labor, so I am assuming they have to lower the gas tank, its a 600.00 dollar repair, of course they dont charge me if the part is bad or its their fault, but I still wonder why the first one didnt even work. I will update this post after I get the results back on wednesday, thanks so much for your input

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, got my traverse back from the dealer mechanics, seems they did a smoke test and found that it was an evap vent valve leaking, so they fixed that no charge, I also had them do a tranny flush and fuel induction cleaning, so hope this keeps her out of trouble for awhile. Please no more check engine lights for now.
Thanks for your replies
Mac

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, here we go again, the check engine light is back on, Ill take it back in to the dealer on Tuesday, see what they say is going on this time, this is amazing, who would have thought there could be this many trips to the dealer in just 4 weeks. wish me luck.

·
Registered
536 Posts
well, here we go again, the check engine light is back on, Ill take it back in to the dealer on Tuesday, see what they say is going on this time, this is amazing, who would have thought there could be this many trips to the dealer in just 4 weeks. wish me luck.
When you fuel up are you topping off the tank after the pump stops? Gas will get in where the vapor should be and ruin that valve. Hang it up after it stops.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I always stop the fueling when the pump stops so I’m not sure what’s going on, I’ve told the techs to check everything including the gas cap, this time I’ll have them replace all the sensors and valves possible

·
Registered
20 Posts
I always stop the fueling when the pump stops so I’m not sure what’s going on, I’ve told the techs to check everything including the gas cap, this time I’ll have them replace all the sensors and valves possible
Hey Macs100, thanks for this post. Hope your fuel pressure sensor issues were resolved...
I am having similar problems with my 2011 Traverse. Please report back if fixed and the details. Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts