Traverse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last 4 times I've filed up the tank(topped off) the Guage only reads 3/4 tank full.
Has anyone had this issue?
Also....I drove 291 miles and the Guage only moved 1/4 tank.
Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
929 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Both Top Tier, good for you. I believe 91 octane if overkill, its designed for 97 so you are spending more than you need to. What kind of MPG do you get?
I think one suggestion for another member on one of the forums was to do a couple of hard stops to free up the level sensor float, I don't remember which forum or how they made out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At this point the MPG is unknown because the Guage is reading incorrectly.
I've scheduled an appointment at the dealership so i will let them figure it out i guess. I think I'm deciding to just trade it in, too bad because I really like Chevy and this car only had 12k miles on it.
Thanks for your input....I sincerely appreciate you!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Well if you use the DIC and reset your gas usage, and trip Odometer, you can figure how much you get per tankful and the computer will calculate a MPG for that tankful if you reset that option as well. You can always use the fuel used display and figure 22 gallons is a full tank, I had to do this when my Terraza fuel gauge acted up, all the Techtron in the world wouldn't correct it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had the same issue with my 2018 Traverse Premiere. The dealer looked at it and found the two sending units in the fuel tank were bad. They replaced them under warranty and now the fuel level reads accurately.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had the same issue with my 2018 Traverse Premiere. The dealer looked at it and found the two sending units in the fuel tank were bad. They replaced them under warranty and now the fuel level reads accurately.
Thanks for that info, I'm scheduled for Monday.
I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
827 Posts
Premium in the 3.6 is preferred. Over in the Equinox forum some noted less sooting in the 3.6 tailpipes using premium. aka cleaner burning than using regular.
Best fuel and oils for longest life, and old adage but true.
Skip that latte and spend the money on better fuel today, in fact you will be ahead money wise and both will be better off.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Thanks. I see the manual says at least 87 octane. Sometimes on a trip, I will top off half a tank with 98 octane and I do we an mpg increase with that, next time I will add 91.

·
Registered
107 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts