Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As NEW owner of a Travers I am just wondering if fuel economy get anys better as the engine breaks in more. I only have about 600km. Also I have noticed a high pitch hum when the engine is off and the key is in acc location. Is this normal?

Thanks

Dale :angel:

·
Registered
34 Posts
campsite1 said:
As NEW owner of a Travers I am just wondering if fuel economy get anys better as the engine breaks in more. I only have about 600km. Also I have noticed a high pitch hum when the engine is off and the key is in acc location. Is this normal?

Thanks

Dale :angel:

I have about 1800 miles and my milage is averaging 17MPG mostly surburbin driving. Has been the same since new. Running the AC and passenger load makes a big difference. And yes mine has many sounds when the key is on but the engine is off. The hum could be the fuel pump.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
mileage is supposed to get better as engine breaks in.
Its not going to add 5 MPG more..
But it should improve a tad....

If youre sensitive to high frequency sounds--- you may be hearing some of the electronics...
Can your passengers hear it?

I can hear stuff in my trailblazer that the passengers are unaware of....

·
Registered
417 Posts
One of the biggest noise complaints from GM vehicles is the tiny fan on the radio system. It's small, and can be heard when all else is silent. Personally, I heard it in my old Chevy truck, but can't in my new Traverse.

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
other small noises--- reported in past vehicles--- is the little fan-- that sits somewhere to the left of drivers head.
it was a small fan that 'sucked' in ambient air- to sample temp--- the digital AC system them did its thing...

but the little fan would get noisy.. (some people thought it was a microphone)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts