Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My back washer and wipers are working fine, however when I go to use the front washer the wipers work but it will not spray the washer fluid (yes the chamber is full) seems like this should be any easy fix.... Any help would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
check to see that the washer pump is getting power.

they are located in the front---- undo the wheel well screws- and pull back the liner-- youll see both.

You may be able to swap connectors and see if the the other pump runs...

I dont recall if each one has a fuse.

(do you hear the front one run at all?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't tell if the motor is running. I will check it out when I get home and hope this works. I don't want to deal with taking it in to the dealership! Thanks!

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
do it with engine off- door open and you should be able to hear it--- fairly loud once you pay attention.

if you do hear it--- then its more likely a loose hose.
check for puddled fluid under the car.

look behind the wheel well- the motors are easily accessible.
(Someone with an Outlook recently had the same problem and it was the pump motor itself I believe).

drivers side- remove few screws and youre able to access area behind wheel well.
have someone press the button- and see if you can hear/fell the motor turn.
If not- swap the motor connections and see if you can get the motor to spin with the other connection (if the connections will fit) or take a meter reading at the contact points.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Again thanks so much.. I hope it isn't the motor. I have an extended warranty but was told they didnt think it would be covered :( I havent seen any leaks but havent really paid that much attention to it!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
prig4180 said:
Again thanks so much.. I hope it isn't the motor. I have an extended warranty but was told they didnt think it would be covered :( I havent seen any leaks but havent really paid that much attention to it!
What type of extended warranty? If it is a GMPP Major Guard, the pump would be covered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a similar problem. 2011 Traverse LT. Front Wiper/Washer button only activates the wipers, no washer fluid spraying (full tank of fluid). I swapped out the 10 amp fuse in the interior fuse box (which did not appear to be bad) but it did not correct the problem. I then installed a new pump and, again, same result. I next checked the Wiper/Washer 25 amp fuse in the fuse box under the hood and that appears fine though I did not replace it. I do have a volt meter but may need someone to walk me through how to use it to test for power to the pump. I plan to swap the front and rear power plugs to the opposite pumps but I don't anticipate seeing a different result. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
If you have a volt meter, check for 12VDC across the pump connector. The black wire on both pumps is ground; the other wire should have +12VDC. In other words, put your "plus" voltmeter lead on the colored wire's pin and the "minus" or ground voltmeter lead on the black wire's pin. Should read 12VDC.

BEFORE you do that: Both pumps have relays in the inside fuse box on the passenger side. See page 10-37 in the 2011 owner's manual. If one pump works and one doesn't, try swapping the relays and see if the problem swaps to the other pump.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Chevy Killeen wanted to keep my traverse for a week. For my front windshield washers not working. Back worked. Check the fuses under the hood . Under the dash. No problems. Check the nozzle and etc. Didnt really want to check the pump. Went online to a Buick enclave forum. Read where a guy said his was the airbox after he followed the line. Yea che y cause my problem when they change my airfilter. Unscrewed the box and pulled the hose out. Took care of the problem lol. I thought I was going crazy and the idiot customers service guys at Chevy are no help. Certified mechanic smh. They act like chevy is paying them commission like the quick lube RIP off places.

·
Registered
11,242 Posts
Posted about this many years ago.

Even had a diagram of where to look for the crimped hose...

·
Registered
1 Posts
The 2011 traverse has a faulty hose on the driver side of vehicle open the hood and at the hinge where the hoses run up from the fender to the hood the line cracks check that first before even thinking of spending money on random parts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here, unable to solve, dont want to take to dealership. Wipers work, front fluid pump does not. Checked fuses & relays, replaced front pump with new only to realize that was not the issue, swapped front and back pumps to test, swapped front and back relays to test. Back works fine, front makes the relay click but pump will not run. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem as this last post, i can hear a click from the relay when i push the button, motor not activating @ front 2012 traverse, rear is working as well as wipers front and back, not sure what to try next

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I have the same problem as this last post, i can hear a click from the relay when i push the button, motor not activating @ front 2012 traverse, rear is working as well as wipers front and back, not sure what to try next
Go up and read my response in Post #9. Also, I just posted wiring diagrams in Post #17 here:

Hope they help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My back washer and wipers are working fine, however when I go to use the front washer the wipers work but it will not spray the washer fluid (yes the chamber is full) seems like this should be any easy fix.... Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Make sure the oil change guy didn't put the air filter cover back on and pinch the front washer hose. Common mistake on the Traverse and others. Open the hood and look at the rear screw on the driver's side air filter cover. If the pump is making noise you have quite likely found your problem. Most use a star headed screw, loosen enough to free the hose and be on your merry way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem, im an idiot but I figured it out, I put the fuse back in the wrong spot, very easily done I put it in the spare spot and not the washer spot, works perfect now. The fuse was blown but when it didn't work I bought a new pump but then it still didn't work, then realized fuse was in wrong spot. Check and make sure the 10a fuse is in the right spot.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Basic trouble shooting. (1) Does the pump run or not? If not, check for voltage at pump or blown fuse, then check connections/relays until power is restored to pump. If it still doesn't run, bad pump motor. (2) Pump runs, but no fluid? Check hoses, connections, and nozzles for breaks or obstructions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this same issue and have been following along these steps thru this thread. Should the voltage at the pump be present all the time or only at the time the command is being issued from the driver input switch? I'm not getting it either way but looking to isolate which way to go with it, thanks

1 - 20 of 23 Posts