Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 1LT Traverse and we really like it. The only issue is the passenger seat does not have 6 way power seat. My wife has a hard time seeing over the dash. Does anyone know if you can swap out the seat base for a power unit? Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 1LT Traverse and we really like it. The only issue is the passenger seat does not have 6 way power seat. My wife has a hard time seeing over the dash. Does anyone know if you can swap out the seat base for a power unit? Thanks!
i know it’s been a long time, but did you ever get this done? I have a 2017 LT1 that came with manual, cloth passenger seat. I want to put a power leather seat in but haven’t gotten a definitive answer as to whether the necessary wires are there...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know it’s been a long time, but did you ever get this done? I have a 2017 LT1 that came with manual, cloth passenger seat. I want to put a power leather seat in but haven’t gotten a definitive answer as to whether the necessary wires are there...
I never did take anything apart to see if the wires are there. It isn't a huge problem until we travel from NY to FL every spring and fall. It is nice to be able to change the seating position on a longer trip.My wife uses a cushion to gain the height needed to see over the dash. I would also like to at least cover the cloth seats as well. There might be some wrecked 2nd gen Traverses now that we could obtain parts from.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I won't say 100%, but based on other things, I'm guessing the wiring is there. It's cheaper to make a single wiring harness, even if some items aren't used, than it is to make separate harnesses, and then have to keep track of which version of the vehicle they go into, and make the right harness is there when that vehicle goes past on the assembly line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts