Traverse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got around to changing the front passenger blend door actuator. It took a couple of hours due to having to contort my body, arms, and fingers to get to the 3 screws and 1 plug. If not for this little bitty 1/4" Stanley ratchet set I don't think I could have gotten it done. I read one writeup where the guy drilled a little hole to get to the toughest screw, but the tiny ratchet kept me from having to do that. A magnetized bit will help tremendously!

The biggest problem I ran into was reinstalling the glove box. There is a gear on the right side that slows down the box when you open it. I had a little trouble getting the strip attached to the box into the gear housing, but I eventually got it threaded in. But when I closed the box, the strip pretty much shattered into pieces. Its not a huge deal, the box still opens/closes, the stoppers keep it from flopping open, but its still annoying. Anyone else run into that or is it just me?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I remember something like this happening when I did my cabin air filter. I don't exactly know what I messed up on, but now my glove box kind of sticks about half way open. Like you said, it's slightly annoying but I am not in there much and it still functions. Maybe one day it will annoy me enough to take a second look at it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The biggest problem I ran into was reinstalling the glove box. There is a gear on the right side that slows down the box when you open it. I had a little trouble getting the strip attached to the box into the gear housing, but I eventually got it threaded in. But when I closed the box, the strip pretty much shattered into pieces...
I've had to swap out a couple of defective actuators and had to remove the glove box too. I don't know why, but I also found the glove box to be a pain to get back in, as that stupid white gear strip, never wanted to insert correctly in the gear space. It always wanted to bind and bend. I'd have to pull it out again, and try to reseat it a few times. Just an odd angle I guess. But yes, you have to be careful pushing it in, and closing the glove box, because if you feel any binding, the white strip is bending, and will break, as you found out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I finally got around to changing the front passenger blend door actuator. It took a couple of hours due to having to contort my body, arms, and fingers to get to the 3 screws and 1 plug. If not for this little bitty 1/4" Stanley ratchet set I don't think I could have gotten it done. I read one writeup where the guy drilled a little hole to get to the toughest screw, but the tiny ratchet kept me from having to do that. A magnetized bit will help tremendously!

The biggest problem I ran into was reinstalling the glove box. There is a gear on the right side that slows down the box when you open it. I had a little trouble getting the strip attached to the box into the gear housing, but I eventually got it threaded in. But when I closed the box, the strip pretty much shattered into pieces. Its not a huge deal, the box still opens/closes, the stoppers keep it from flopping open, but its still annoying. Anyone else run into that or is it just me?
Is there any video or step by step to replace it? Im finding challenging removing the one not working, I removed the glove compartment but seems I need to remove the entire dash? Only removed the lower screw as is the most accessible, the one in the middle and top seems to be accessed from the side of the glove compartment. is that correct?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts