Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 2011, has anyone figured out how to remove the front license plate mount. It looks like little plastic push pins, but the back is hidden from behind and I can't tell. Maybe just grind'em.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don't have personal experience with this, but there are posts about this being done on the other lambdas. The only downside to this is there is gonna be some holes in the bumper cover that will need to be covered (I think that they sell push in covers).

·
Registered
860 Posts
I think they're plastic rivets--you'll have to carefully drill and/or grind them out.

·
Registered
11,435 Posts
thats what Ive read too---- drill the center of the rivet and out it comes--- but youll have to find something to fill in the hole...
Someone on here did it... and filled in the holes with push pins.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, they're aluminum, not plastic. And a 3\16 bit will drill them out using a awl to hold the lip in place. I'll go out tomorrow or the next day and try to find some 3\16 plugs. Maybe Radio Shack.

A

·
0 Posts
hillrider said:
Well, they're aluminum, not plastic. And a 3\16 bit will drill them out using a awl to hold the lip in place. I'll go out tomorrow or the next day and try to find some 3\16 plugs. Maybe Radio Shack.
Pics when it's done ;D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Bringing this one back up for review ... just moved to state without front plate needs ... like ot get rid of the front mount but ... WHAT has anyone used to fill the subsequent small holes? Mine is the White Diamond paint, so doubt anything wlll blend easily ... anyone come up with a specialty solution?

Thanks Traverse Community

·
Registered
272 Posts
Plastic push pins/plugs, painted body color (on the top "dome" part).
The pins/plugs are cheap from any auto store. The paint might not be super cheap though (a spray can would produce the best results).

Or this place sells them pre-painted & in your color for $30/pair:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts