Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really don't like the bulky license plate thingy on the front and want to remove it. It is held on by 4 of the most unusual bolts/screws/clips I have ever seen. Obviously you need a special wrench of sorts to remove it. Any way a common dude can take it off?

·
Registered
38 Posts
i believe in the manual it said it was pop riveted on :banghead:. i'm with you the dealer put it own and i want it off. they have to repaint my front bumper :angryfire: so i'm see since they have to remove it to leave it off.

·
Registered
11,568 Posts
when it has the rivets- you should be able to take a large drill bit- and drill out the head- then it falls apart.
You will be left with a hole ... Ive seen people find little caps and pop them in the hole- they have also take touch up paint and painted the little caps--- and its a very nice way to fix this. I dont recall where they got the caps....
But If I were looking to do this--- I would look at the fasteners used to hold trim pieces toghether.... just like the ones used to hold the big plastic piece under the hood... where you push in on the center to pop out the fastener...

G

·
pastorpete said:
Really don't like the bulky license plate thingy on the front and want to remove it. It is held on by 4 of the most unusual bolts/screws/clips I have ever seen. Obviously you need a special wrench of sorts to remove it. Any way a common dude can take it off?
So I am assuming that your particular state does not require a front license plate? Normally the front license plate holder is installed with the idea that the vehicle will be driven in that state and as such will need the front license plate displayed

·
Registered
865 Posts
I want to take the thing off so I can wash and wax behind it a couple of times a year. Did they really have to use fasteners like this?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drill bit worked like a charm. Looking for some small rubber bumpers to install. Vehicle was originally shipped to Wisconsin, ended up right back here in Michigan where it was built. No plate on the front for MI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts