Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not heard anyone mention these...
they are a new luxury performance tire designed for CUVs- and their most fuel efficient tire yet...

AND it comes in 255/65R- 18 which is exactly what the 18's are on the Traverse.
They are made by Toyo tires. Its the VERSADO CUV - 18" replacement tire- (OE Fitment).

When it comes time to replace my tires- I will most likely go with these.
Recently replaced the Goodyears on my 2007 Impala- with Toyo tires- Extensa's I think.
On the drive home- I kept looking for a large truck next to me- I could hear the low rumble from their exhaust... Not vehicles around me. Turns out the rumble was MY dual exhaust!!!!!!
WHAT A DIFFERENCE.
3 yrs after owning the car--- I finally HEARD the factory Dual exhaust on the car- the tires made less noise- that I could finally hear the exhaust.

Hope this new find helps you out....

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
link is www.toyotires.com

in reference to my Impala- the Toyos were MUCH cheaper than the Goodyear Eagles.

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I jumped the gun.
A member on the Acadia forum has already BOUGHT these- and reports they are much quieter. Hes happy.

As a price reference.
I called the small 2 man tire shop I use.

His out the door price-- tires/mount/balance/CA tax (9.75%) its $797. Just under $200 per tire.

so theyre less than the Goodyears- but a little more than the other 2 or 3 options out there.
But these are the OEM size- and much quieter than the Goodyears.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
My only personal experience with Toyo's make me leary to use them.

I had bought a set for my 1998 Grand AM. They were Toyo 500 or something like that. I will look it up later.

Anyways, two of them blew out on me, 1 week apart from each other. At that time they were about 2 years old, with around 30,000km on them (20,000 miles).

I got no explaination about why it happened, but my tire guy put on whatever tire I wanted for next to nothing. Needless to say I went with Michelin Hydroedge, which was a great, fuel efficient tire!

Anyways, I will definitely consider Toyo's, they are a good name brand. I am just hesitant because I am towing the Trailer with the Traverse, and I have more faith in the Michelin tires.

I will have to research the load ratings of all my tire options when it comes to that time.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I am just going to say you get what you pay for especially with tires.

The tires are the only piece of equipment that's in contact with the road and everything is transmitted through them so

I wouldn't cheap out it's not worth to take a chance of a tire blowing out a highway speed from cheap construction methods. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so youre saying- dont buy the toyos-- and buy the GY? or dont buy the cheaper tires (pricewise) that others have been buying over the GY?

·
Registered
465 Posts
If Michelin made 18" tires for the Traverse I would buy them over GY ,Toyo and all others, they have a superior quailty over other tires not saying other tires aren't rated the same for threadwear and load construction.

They are the perfered tires for long life with out have to balance them every 10000 km because the construction doesn't go out of round as quickly as other tires resulting in a long life with fewer possible problems. :eyebrow:

I would stick to GY and not worry about the road noise they produce , GY will last longer than the toyo's for right now. ;D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Has anyone looked at the Hankook Ventus AS RH 07 tires they fit and I have heard good things about their quailty being just about the same as Michelins but $100

less for all four . Also Blissak has a very good DM V1 tire for the snow conditions. :thumb:

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think people on the acadia forum have the ventus.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
When time comes for me to replace, I will look to almost anythinig over Goodyears. I do think that they have some good products, but overall, I have not had good luck with Goodyear tires. The best set I've ever had, is the current set of winter tires I have for my Silverado, that I paid $60 for the set of 4 because they were used. Not the best tires, but a good bang for my buck IMO.

I have the 20's, so it really doesn't pertain to this exact post, but I really like the Bridgestones that are currently on the Traverse. I have Bridgestones on my GP GXP, and I thought they were a great tire for traction wet or dry, but could have used more in the longevity dept. Time will tell what the Bridgestones on the Traverse will perform like, but thus far ( 2,000 miles in ) they have done everything I have asked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts