Traverse Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just took some new pictures of my weekend car, thought I would share them with the forum. Anyone else have/had a sports car? I love all american muscle! This is a 2004 Mustang Mach 1. They only made the Mach 1 in 2003 and 2004 with roughly 12,000 made and only 1,029 made in Azure Blue manual transmission. The Mach 1 was also made from 1969-78.

The car came with 4.6L 4V V8 making 305 horsepower. I have spent WAY too much money in mods, the car is currently making 370 horsepower with full headers, xpipe, exhaust, custom chip & tune. In addition I replaced the gears for harder pulls and replaced the rims & tires, the tires are 315 drag radials in the rear! I am done spending money on it for this year, hopefully in the next year or so I will be adding a supercharger to make over 500 horsepower.

Its a fun weekend car, it currently has 13,000 miles on it and is almost 7 years old. Let me know what you guys think.

G

·
Re: My Weekend car - Mustang Mach1 - PICS

Nice; like the look of the SVT wheels and the functional air inlet sticking out of the hood

·
Registered
11,572 Posts

very nice car. I Like that color.
I also like the black plastic on the front bumper-- the way its tilted forward....
I can never find the little emoticon thats shifting gears-- with varying lenght skidmarks.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Tiestosteele said:
...Anyone else have/had a sports car? I love all American muscle!
I love the Mach 1’s – and you have done a great job with yours. :thumb:
What does she run in the quarter?

I too have a “muscle” car – but she is from the land down under…
She is built for the curves but does OK in the straights.

I am very lucky that I have the Rocky Mountains in my backyard to drive her in.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Thanks guys.

Redhotgto - Good looking GTO, anything done to it? I was at a car show last weekend where a guy had a GTO with a supercharger and cams, thing rumbled and sounded MEAN.

I have not had the chance to take it to the track yet, I intend to as the local drag strip is only a couple hours away. Car will run mid 12's in the 1/4. My goal is mid to low 11's, but need 6K for the kenne bell supercharger first!

Our state does not have emissions testing or I would fail. With the headers, xpipe with out the cats, and the exhaust the Mach is LOUD.... just the way I like it.

*edit* Just noticed your sig says "not so stock", do share! You need some wider meats on the back! I know when I had the stock 245's my mach would just sit and spin on launch...

·
Registered
40 Posts

Nice Mustang. I've always coveted one of those. Here"s my weekend ride:

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts

Nice cars !!!!! Here is my weekend rig this keeps me off the streets

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

MDCJ7 - Looks like fun!!

·
Registered
34 Posts

Tiestosteele said:
Redhotgto - Good looking GTO, anything done to it?
I was at a car show last weekend where a guy had a GTO with a supercharger and cams, thing rumbled and sounded MEAN.
Just a few mods - all have been installed by me or with the help of some friends…
KOOKS Headers, high flow CATS, MAGNAFLOW Cat-back, AEM Intake, PREDATOR Tune by ME, KONI Yellows adjustable, PEDDERS springs, NOLTEC bushings, QUICKOR rear swaybar 22mm, CQUENCE Slotted & Dimpled rotors, PORTERFIELD pads, GaTOr Gauge Pod, ChimpDaddy TC AutoOff, 20% Tint, JHP lip spoiler, 18"BR01 wheels, w/FK452 245/40 tires

The Goats in our local club run the full gambit from stock to twin-turbos and superchargers with 660+ HP to the wheels.

Tiestosteele said:
I have not had the chance to take it to the track yet, I intend to as the local drag strip is only a couple hours away. Car will run mid 12's in the 1/4. My goal is mid to low 11's, but need 6K for the kenne bell supercharger first!

Our state does not have emissions testing or I would fail. With the headers, xpipe with out the cats, and the exhaust the Mach is LOUD.... just the way I like it.
Yours will be a real beast once you get that FI.

Tiestosteele said:
*edit* Just noticed your sig says "not so stock", do share! You need some wider meats on the back! I know when I had the stock 245's my mach would just sit and spin on launch...
Our cars are space limited when it comes to tire width – and with me being lowered there is even less room. It can be tricky to get off the line quickly. Our high HP guys have to trim some fender lip metal and use air-bags when they run their wide drag radials (275s)

·
Registered
407 Posts

Here's my "weekend" toy, a 1972 GTO I've had for 12 years

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts

Is that a car seat at the back?.... Lucky baby!..... I also like the GTO's, Chevelles, Novas and old style Chargers...

·
Registered
407 Posts

red426 said:
Is that a car seat at the back?.... Lucky baby!..... I also like the GTO's, Chevelles, Novas and old style Chargers...
Yes, but I rarely take my kids in the car. My 4 year old can still fit in that seat, even though she's out of a carseat, only uses a booster. Thing is, you have to use a shoulder belt with a booster, and I have none in the back seat, and she's too small to be in the front seat, my opinion. So that seat remains in the car till she's too big for it. My 8 year old girl has ridden in the front, but I don't think it's a very good idea, she's small framed for her age, and really belongs in the back, but with just lap belts, I"m not too fond of that, even if I grew up in the 70's and never had shoulder belts in the rear, still...with the current knowledge it's hard to ignore it. I may have to replace that rear seat, I'm afraid the carseat has made marks in the seat, it's been in there so long. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
202 Posts

Love the posts so far in this thread! Also to the OP, that's a nice Mach mustang. One of my friends has a Rouche convertible in blue, and I know that's a rare car too!

Just wanted to throw my hat in the ring.... I also have a car from 'down under' ...

Here's a pic from last weekend's car show.

[smg id=105]

Here's a few more pics:

[smg id=97]
[smg id=102]
[smg id=104]
[smg id=103]

My mods are VCM Intake, tune, SOLO HF Cats, SOLO Mach catback exhaust system, and some appearance mods. Factory rating on the L76 6.0L V8 engine was at 361hp/385tq at the crank, I'm estimating that with those mods, I'm now around 385 at the rear wheels (meaning around 425 at the crank). Going to the dyno in a week or two to verify that. 8) I helped develop SOLO's exhaust system for the g8, and it is considered one of the only "drone free" solutions for the g8 community. This system features technology that cancels resonant frequency sound waves that are inherent in all g8's without the whisper-quiet stock exhaust system. It sounds nothing short of amazing, especially when I romp on it. Why buy a musclecar if you can't hear it? >:D

The g8 is my daily driver (the wife's is the 2011 Traverse) and I just turned 19k on the clock after owning it about a year and a half. And yes, I do drive it fully through the Buffalo winters; I have snow tires, and the rear wheel drive and 50/50 weight distribution, coupled with the limited slip rear diff really helps in the snow.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Zepcom - Those G8's are nice cars, my buddy has a bone stock GT. We raced a couple times, It was pretty quick. I would love a GXP version to daily drive, that would be awesome ;D

·
Registered
202 Posts

Tiestosteele said:
Zepcom - Those G8's are nice cars, my buddy has a bone stock GT. We raced a couple times, It was pretty quick. I would love a GXP version to daily drive, that would be awesome ;D
:thumb: ;D Best car, hands down, that I've ever owned. The GT's are no slouch, that's for sure. Very happy with mine, even though Pontiac has fallen.

The GXP would not be fit to daily drive, there were only 1800 of them made! Those cars need to be garaged and kept mint, and of course, enjoyed somewhat sparingly. Not daily driven. :sosad: GT's however, are meant to be 'enjoyed', and I do that quite often, and it's my DD. 8)

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Wow I didn't realize they only made 1,829 of them! I have seen quite a few around town. I assume they would have made more but obviously pontiac is no longer. I would still DD it, I dont think any car is a good investment now a days! :beer: well 99% of cars anyways. Actually my ULTIMATE DD car would be a CTS-V. Four doors, luxury, and sick power :blob:

I agree the GT's are cool. No matter what you drive, something is always faster. My buddy has a 600+ hp Cobra that has been spanked before :happy:

·
Registered
407 Posts

zepcom said:
:thumb: ;D Best car, hands down, that I've ever owned. The GT's are no slouch, that's for sure. Very happy with mine, even though Pontiac has fallen.

The GXP would not be fit to daily drive, there were only 1800 of them made! Those cars need to be garaged and kept mint, and of course, enjoyed somewhat sparingly. Not daily driven. :sosad: GT's however, are meant to be 'enjoyed', and I do that quite often, and it's my DD. 8)
Yeah, tell me about it. I had to shake my head I while ago, this lady pulled in next to us at the grocery story in her black GXP G8. I felt like saying: "YOU HAVE THIS CAR AT THE GROCERY STORE, ARE YOU NUTS!". But I didn't notice it was a GXP till she had gone in the store (I was sitting in our Enclave (which we rarely take to the grocery store) waiting for wife..). Bottom line is, people will not garage these, (meaning like a collector car) they will be like any other car, they will be used like normal from the first owners, most likely leases, then perhaps the second or third owner will know what they have and take care of them, but by that time they will have a bunch of miles on them and won't be anything special. Most people who can afford a GXP new, won't be enthusiests about the car, they will be the type who get new cars every few years, so they will just enjoy the car, but not think of it as anything other then their current daily driver.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: My Weekend car - 1994 Corvette ZR1

My weekender is an 1994 Corvette ZR1, I purchased new in November 1993, many track events, roll bar, coil over suspension, carbon fiber cold air box, computer injector and intake work all professionally done.

Vetmann

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I love corvette's. That ZR-1 is still a cool car, but back in 94 that thing was a BEAST.

·
Registered
202 Posts

The origonal ZR-1. I remember getting a popular mechanics magazine "poster" that showed those cool partial tear-away design drawings to show all the components. It was so cool!

Nice ride!

I love how vettes 'test and prove' the latest and greatest engines for other GM model lines. The LT1, LT4 (ZR-1 had this, iirc?), LS1 in the C5 generation, and most recently the LS3 and LS9 engines are nothing short of amazing, for their time.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts