Traverse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This came up on the Enclave forum...
But for those with the bench seats... did you know that the center position has the cupholders... and a little further back a little tab that allows you to open up the small storage compartment?
I took a pic so you can see... put newspaper behind it so you can see....

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
AND the 2nd row seats also recline-- not alot.. but just enough to change the position to make it a little more comfy...
pull on the small looped handle while sitting in the seat- this allows the seat to recline a bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Yes, but isn't it a pity that the very same arm rest contributes to the center seating position being much less comfortable for a person who wants to actually sit in the center position. It makes the center position backrest hard as a rock and considerably more difficult to use for the purpose for which we opted to get the bench for to begin with. My oldest (14) refuses to sit there becasue the back rest is so uncomfortable with the armrest in it. I really wish they had just left it as a padded seat back... I guess we have to be careful about what we ask for.... your mileage may vary :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
these cupholders are also VERY shallow - I would recommend only drinks with lids/screw on caps :eek:hno:
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Knew that was there, but I always seem to forget about that area
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
Gerry said:
Yes, but isn't it a pity that the very same arm rest contributes to the center seating position being much less comfortable for a person who wants to actually sit in the center position. It makes the center position backrest hard as a rock and considerably more difficult to use for the purpose for which we opted to get the bench for to begin with. My oldest (14) refuses to sit there becasue the back rest is so uncomfortable with the armrest in it. I really wish they had just left it as a padded seat back... I guess we have to be careful about what we ask for.... your mileage may vary :)
I'm not posting to be argumentative, but to let prospective buyers know that some don't find the back rest uncomfortable. I spent a good ammount of time in the middle seat of the second row and didn't notice any problem with the seat back, but it may have been due to the discomfort caused by the seat belt anchor poking me in the hip!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ill have to sit in the middle position someday...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
odypilots said:
I'm not posting to be argumentative, but to let prospective buyers know that some don't find the back rest uncomfortable. I spent a good ammount of time in the middle seat of the second row and didn't notice any problem with the seat back, but it may have been due to the discomfort caused by the seat belt anchor poking me in the hip!
is there anyway to fix that seat belt from sticking up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
mdcj7 said:
is there anyway to fix that seat belt from sticking up.
None I've heard of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
sorry, but whenever i hear about the 2nd row belts, i have to chime in...again. not to b**ch incessantly about them again, but i've already put in a report to the NHTSA about the belt anchors being a safety hazard due to their extreme discomfort, bruising of passengers' hips, and difficulty in attaching infant and child car seats. waiting for results from their investigation/inquiries. for now, just dealing with the complaints from my kids and other passengers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Whiskeygirl

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it may happen on a long trip when I really claim to be tired...maybe then shell drive and let me sit in the back
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
rbarrios said:
ill have to sit in the middle position someday...
For maximum discomfort, put a car seat on each side of you. Then you can't move away from it.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top