Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RS doesn’t have the foot operated rear gate. Does anybody know what’s involved in installing one. Probably will be to costly?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have one and they don't work very well. Sometimes it takes up to 3 or 4 times before the sensor detects your foot and opens the gate. I use the button on the gate or the one in the driver door to open the gate.

Now that I know what it's like, I wouldn't waste my money getting one if it didn't already come with the car.

Maybe others have had better luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have one and they don't work very well. Sometimes it takes up to 3 or 4 times before the sensor detects your foot and opens the gate. I use the button on the gate or the one in the driver door to open the gate.

Now that I know what it's like, I wouldn't waste my money getting one if it didn't already come with the car.

Maybe others have had better luck.

Mine is hit and miss too. I just use the fob.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I'm batting about a 500, but wife's is in the low 100s. But she keeps trying, and gets pi$$ed when it then works for me. Trick is having size 13 shoes, knowing exactly where to kick, kicking high enough and waiting 5 secs.to see if it reacts. Try a second kick without waiting and it screws it up, evidently the delay is time for you to backup and get your chin out of the way.

Easier to use the fob, but not as much satisfaction as kicking and getting it on the first try..........sort of like the odds of placing black or red in roulette

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for everyone’s reply. I was wondering how it work and doesn’t sound to good unless you’re on TV. I just wanted to see the bowtie light

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks for everyone’s reply. I was wondering how it work and doesn’t sound to good unless you’re on TV. I just wanted to see the bowtie light
The Bowtie light only works for the first few weeks. It eventually turns into a regular light with a barely visible bowtie. Some of the folks on the forum posted some pictures of the near absent bowtie light.

Here is a link to Thomcat's Bowtie Light Picture: https://www.traverseforum.com/attachments/2018-chevy-traverse-general-discussion/6757d1551534480-projected-chevrolet-logo-hands-free-tailgate-operation-dscn0390.jpg

I'll post a picture of mine tonight.

Sorry for the bad news. :wink:

·
Registered
46 Posts
My bowtie light is still very clear, especially after going through the carwash. Just hit my 1 year mark with the Traverse.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'll post a picture of mine tonight.
Here is a picture of mine.

Before the weekend, I'll get under the bumper and have a closer look at that light and try to determine what's happening and see if there is any way to correct this.

I'll keep you posted.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts