Traverse Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, when I have the heat blowing at the feet level only, the air is really loud, and I feel like there's not much air blowing at my feet. It's been like this since day one of purchasing our vehicle. My 2009 Acadia doesn't sound loud like this and has a ton more airflow. In the Traverse, if I have it ALSO blow at chest level, it's much quieter. I'm wondering if the actuators aren't opening up the flow to the lower vents properly. Can anyone else with a 2020/2019 Traverse chime in on this? Is this as designed, or should I have the dealer take a look at it?

·
Registered
222 Posts
My 2018 Redline is the same. Floor heat isn't the greatest.

At 1/3 fan speed, Floor only is much louder that Floor and dash vents. If I start closing some of the dash vents manually, the noise level increases for each vent closed as the air gets forced-out of the remaining vents.

Maybe the floor outlets by themselves are insufficient in size or number for the amount of air being pushed by the fan. ???

·
Registered
7 Posts
It must be a common issue my 2018 is the same way, not much airflow to the floor vents and it does sound loud. Has anyone had the dealer check it out......what was there answer?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Same here on my 2019. On the real cold days my legs get really cold. The heat in the back is almost too much. Would like more defrost air on the far right and left of the windshield.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My Traverse is at the dealership today getting some things fixed. I asked them to take a look at the airflow and see if is acting as expected. From what you are all saying, it sounds like the design, but I find it strange that it gets so loud when only blowing at the feet, it's almost the actuators aren't opening up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've got the same problem as everyone else... Traced the loud sound to the front defroster... Sure enough there's significant air coming out even though the defroster setting is off. Bet if you guys check, it'll be the same.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my Traverse back. They checked the temperature and air flow at the foot level at it was at spec, so I guess the low air flow is by design. It is far different from the foot level airflow on my 2009 Acadia. That thing pumps out a ton of air at my feet.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Agree with others that it must be restrictive duct design to the front floor. The defrost works pretty good as does the dash vents but not much air to the floor at all.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Why would the defroster be pushing out air if the setting for it is off and only the floor vent is on? (I still think something is wrong)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Why would the defroster be pushing out air if the setting for it is off and only the floor vent is on? (I still think something is wrong)
All modern cars do that now, even with the defrost/windshield vents turned off, if you have the floor vents on, some air is always diverted to the windshield vents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts