Traverse Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I asked the dealership we bought ours from and they had no reason. That's one of my dislikes. Very small dislike, but it is one!!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yet another small model change in an attempt to differentiate them, I suppose. It could also have been a cost savings area that they thought most people wouldn't miss...?

·
Registered
63 Posts
^^^ I do!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Are you talking about fog lights or driving lights? I ask because fog lights are usually yellow in tint to cut through the fog, but driving lights are usually bright white.

In my late evening test drive I was extremely impressed by the lights as equiped. I'm 100% sure there will be a 3rd party option soon anyway for any type of lighting you desire. Or, just wait. First year models usually are not the final word on options.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Wait a minute, I'm a bit confused on this too. Looking at the pictures, it definitely appears to have fog lights - the lower front lights set at bumper level. Is that what you're talking about? Are those not functional lights?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Admin, I kinda noticed that too, but they are not very defined so I didn't bring it up as a possibility. They could be fog lights, I don't recall a switch on the dashboard. Losta switches though :confused: could be easily missed. When I get mine, I know there's going to be a lot of time learning this vehicle inside and out (I kinda like that too...he he)

Fortunately, I don't get a lot of fog where I live. So, makes me no difference. I just like the looks of the front of the Traverse as is :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
bmcpherson said:
Why does the Traverse,unlike the Enclave,not include fog lamps?
the Traverse does have fog lights at the higher spec levels. The lower level lights are there for all specs, not exactly sure where the fog sit (maybe in the main light cluster). The lower level looks like where the indicators are.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Got my Traverse today. The owners manual specifically talks about fog lights and how they work. The button is just not there on my Trav, so I don't have fog lights (LT2). So, if they are not an option yet, they most likely appear that they will be in the future. There was and LTZ on the lot where I got my LT2 and the fronts looked identical.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Interesting. So you have the lower lights down by the bumper, but no foglight controls? Do those lights come on at all?

·
Registered
417 Posts
admin said:
Interesting. So you have the lower lights down by the bumper, but no foglight controls? Do those lights come on at all?
They seem to be the normal parking lights that illuminate when headlights are on. They are not fog light bright, but are very nicely bright. A little brighter than most front bumper yellow parking lights. Seems to me they could put real fog lights there instead quite easily. I bet we'll see an option in the '10 models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We have the LTZ and there are no fog lights. The manual describes the button but says (if equipped). We do not have the button. So I don't think fog lights are available on any line of Traverse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having just acquired an '09 LTZ, I was pleasantly surprised by how well the low beams function at night. The light is focused and well-directed, with a definite distance cutoff and with plenty of light low down. I don't think fog lights are needed as these lows would cut through fog just as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts