Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone have the wiring diagram for the gen 2, specifically the 2020? I'm looking for the front lighting circuits, both headlights and fog lights. I'd also like to know where the relay that controls the fog lights is.

I want my fog lights on all the time with the headlights and I'm looking for a way to mod that in a simple, non destructive and easily reversible fashion.

Thanks

·
Registered
551 Posts
Don't know much about the 2020s but if you go to the owners manual, they usually show where the fuses and relays are.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Looking in the owners manual (pg 317 in the 2019 version), there doesn't appear to be a fog light relay for the 2nd Gen. Possibly because they are LEDs and don't pull as much power. The Gen 1's had a relay in the underhood fuse & relay box.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looking in the owners manual (pg 317 in the 2019 version), there doesn't appear to be a fog light relay for the 2nd Gen. Possibly because they are LEDs and don't pull as much power. The Gen 1's had a relay in the underhood fuse & relay box.
The fog lights in the second Gen are halogen not LED. Upgrading to LED is easy to do with a bulb swap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, halogens in the factory fogs. And no relay marked for the fogs in the manual.

I have the LEDs to replace the halogens already, I'm just waiting for the weather to cooperate for the swap.

While I'm in there swapping the bulbs I'll check with a meter if the fuse for the fog lights (F33 in mine) is before or after the relay in the circuit. If the fuse has switched power after the relay for both the fogs and the headlights, I'll be able to use a couple of fuse taps to backfeed the power from the headlights through an external relay to the fog lights.

Having the wiring diagram would just speed up the whole process, and make sure I'm not missing anything important that would prevent this idea from working.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Djost,

Let us know how this turns out - I did that same thing on a Suburban years ago.
Allowed me to have fogs, and both high and low sealed beams on, all at the same time - was great for low-traffic camping and off road trips.

·
Registered
437 Posts
On some of my vehicles I've jumped the "turn on" pin in the relay to an unused fuse/relay port that receives power when the ignition is on, thus giving me additional DRLs and fogs that are on no matter what the headlights are doin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got these on Amazon: B01IU3J50E

BPS Lighting T2 LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit - PSX24W 50W 8000 Lumen 6000K

They seem nice, build quality is good and they look solid but I haven't tried them yet. I'm still waiting on a break in the weather... Sitting in the driveway in the snow to do needed repairs is one thing, doing it for upgrading the lights isn't necessary and now isn't the best time to catch a cold!:oops:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts